Question Syncing with Dropbox

tawong
tawong
Community Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
Is there a tutorial for syncing 1Password 3.5 iPod touch with Dropbox? How does the desktop sync to Dropbox and then sync to iPhone/iPod? There's no way to tell desktop 1password to sync to Dropbox or update is coming?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    The touch app is in the itunes store now, select sync in it and follow the on screen prompts it asks for various info and will walk you through the setup. There is no real change on the mac for the sync to occur it is all done by the dropbox API..
  • noelbernie
    noelbernie
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    It's syncing in the background while I am typing this in Safari mobile. That's great, only issue is that going back to 1Password o ly shows a white screen. Oh well, I see the network activity spinner moving, so I'll let it finish.

I also had one crash already, going back to locked dropbox while it was syncing. Tell me if you want crashlog.
  • tawong
    tawong
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    It's not working for me. "Failed to find the data file on Dropbox.....". Do I need to have 1password database in dropbox already? How do I copy from desktop?
  • noelbernie
    noelbernie
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    tawong wrote:
    It's not working for me. "Failed to find the data file on Dropbox.....". Do I need to have 1password database in dropbox already? How do I copy from desktop?

Enable BETA updates in 1Password Mac, then update to latest beta. Then move your 1P keychain to your dropbox in 1P preferences.

Finally, go back to the mobile version and enjoy :-)
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Yes the keychain needs to be located in dropbox already and to move it open the 1p pref and in the general pane there is a section labeled move click that and select a location in your dropbox.

Thanks noelbernie
  • tawong
    tawong
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Thanks. It's working now.
This discussion has been closed.