Suggestion re updates to 1Password

BikerBob
BikerBob
Community Member

OK, someone has to confess when they don't understand something and ask for help for all the others who don't understand and won't 'fess up.

I read this recently on iMore.com and I have to admit that I don't know what they are talking about and explaining it with yet more verbiage isn't going to do the trick/solve the problem.

It would be really terrific if 1Password would release a YouTube or other video explanation of these new features walking you through them step by step.

1Password 4 for iPhone and iPad has gotten a major updated today, with big changes and additions to the browser, sharing, and search, among others. 1Browser, the in-app browser that allows users to take advantage of 1Password features like auto-fill, has added 1Passwords strong password generator for the iPad version. AgileBits says that this feature is also on its way to the iPhone eventually. Quick access to all of your logins has also been added to the browser, and you can now auto-submit after you auto-fill your login information if you wish. URLs on your clipboard will now be detected by 1Password, which will prompt you to open them in the browser.

There are also new sharing options. Users can now share from Vault Mode via email and SMS. Emails can either be sent encrypted or in plain text. The recipient will see an “Add to 1Password” link, allowing you to send them items like shared login information and secure notes. Anyone with a copy of 1Password for iOS can open this link so delete it when you’re finished, and exercise common sense security practices.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2013

Hey @BikerBob,

It sounds like you may be quoting from an article on iMore that you mentioned, but it wasn't clear to me exactly how I can help. We have a blog post that explains the new features in the 1Password 4.2 release for iOS:

1Password 4.2 for iOS gets huge update to browser, sharing features

We also have a blog post that explains the sharing feature specifically in greater detail:

Understanding Sharing

Please be sure to read both of those posts and let me know if you have a specific question. I would love to help if I know what you need help with. :)

Thanks!

• BikerBob
    BikerBob
    Community Member

Thanks, Khad.

I will do so later today and get back to you.

BB

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Cheers! We'll be here whenever it is convenient for you. :D

This discussion has been closed.