Word wrap issues in item details

glindsey
glindsey
Community Member
edited May 2013 in iOS

I love this program for the iPhone, only there appears to be a tiny bug. Some words get truncated rather peculiarly, For instance, in typing the address for the branch bank under the login item, "bank accounts", the word, "Raleigh" gets split between the two lines, with "Raleig" appearing on one line and the "h" at the end appearing on another.

Is this fixable? Also, the same thing happens with numbers, when I type them in. I typed in the auto loan amount and it appeared as "$843.4" on one line and the 3" on the next line. It's annoying, but not terribly, awfully annoying. Would be nice if you could fix it, though.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2013

Could you post a screenshot? I believe this is a known issue, but I want to make sure it is the same one and not something else (RM4069). It will also help me better illustrate the issue to the developers. You can use any image hosting service. I use Skitch myself.

Thanks in advance!

• glindsey
    glindsey
    Community Member

Khad , I saved the pictures to Skitch but now what? How do I host them there so you can see them? I just downloaded Skitch, so I have no idea how to find these pictures, much less host them. Please advise.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

You can click "Share" in Skitch and then paste the URL(s) in your reply.

• glindsey
    glindsey
    Community Member

Oh, I sent you the actual pictures. Sorry!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm not sure what you mean. What pictures did you send and where did you send them? There are no pictures posted in this thread.

• glindsey
    glindsey
    Community Member

For future reference, though, exactly how do I do that? Each one of the four pictures has a little blue paperclip on it, but when I click on the blue paperclip, I don't get a url that is possible to mail to you.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Select "Copy Shared URL" from the arrow menu to the left of the trash button in the upper right corner of Skitch. I use an old version of it, so I had to download the new version to be able to tell you where it was in the new app. ;)

• glindsey
    glindsey
    Community Member

Aha, thanks! I figured it out - wow, even before reading your response! Anyhow, I sent you the proper urls this time round! :)

• glindsey
    glindsey
    Community Member

Oh, I sent them to the support@ agilebits .com address! You meant for me to post them here?

Okay, here they are:
    https://www.evernote.com/shard/s216/sh/1e9d63b9-06ac-4da3-acb8-9774ead56804/c6c1d79ec19eeb3fd8d1337275fcbc52
    https://www.evernote.com/shard/s216/sh/56c5fc3b-1b9f-4474-9676-120fced60b08/5d023d8cbfad6cc5ffda5cdaa341acbc
    https://www.evernote.com/shard/s216/sh/53bc7dd5-199c-4848-b289-a109ee5f8779/199d5959bd4245eb01e08bd5adca3eaf
    https://www.evernote.com/shard/s216/sh/c90bd0cf-fd17-4a2d-b019-2c2043eed4c2/ed948520340b892a7737d94267c17612

Please note that in the first two pictures, the text in "name on account", "loan amount", "payment amount" and "address" wrap improperly. But in the edit mode, this text is not wrapped and shows up perfectly. If the behavior of the final mode could be made to replicate the behavior of the edit mode, all would be well.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for posting them here. That you sent them to us via email is absolutely fine, but I didn't mention email anywhere in this thread. Hence my confusion about that. :)

I will add these to the issue in our internal tracker. Thanks again!

• glindsey
    glindsey
    Community Member

Welcome. This should not be too difficult of an item to fix, I would think, since the edit mode already shows the items being displayed correctly. Thanks for the help.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Yeah, it may not be too difficult. I know the developers have a lot of improvements and fixes to make. Hopefully this won't remain an issue for too much longer. :)

Enjoy the rest of your week!

This discussion has been closed.