Support for Identities added in 1Password 4 for iOS

jman995x
jman995x
Community Member
edited June 2013 in iOS

I have my wife's and my personal information (passport numbers, etc.) under the "Identities" tab in 1P for Mac. I also created a folder called "Personal" and tried to sync that with my iPhone. "Identities" doesn't show up at all on my iPhone, and the "Personal" folder does show up, and does show my wife's name and my name as two separate entries....but when I click on either of them NOTHING happens.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Justin

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

What versions of 1Password for iOS are you using? It sounds like you might be using an old version that did not support Identity items.

• jman995x
    jman995x
    Community Member

Version 3.8.21 (build 32009)

• Hi @jman995x,

That's the version for the Mac, we need to know the iOS version. In khad's screenshot, which icon do you see on the home screen of your iOS device? Is it a blue one or a silver one?

• jman995x
    jman995x
    Community Member

Sorry, read the question too fast. On my iOS I have the middle icon (blue with silver border).

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Support for Identities was only added in 1Password 4. You are using the old version 3. Now is a great time to upgrade, though, if you are interested. 1Password 4 for iOS is on sale for 50% OFF. There are hundreds of new features in addition to support for Identities: iCloud, rich icons, customization, password generator everywhere, swipe actions, favorites, tabbed browsing, global search, dedicated web mode, attachment viewing, faster Dropbox, iTunes file sharing, auto-clear clipboard, and more.

• jman995x
    jman995x
    Community Member

I'm a little confused. Why would you put an "Identities" sidebar icon on 1P v3 if it didn't work (and was only made functional in 1P v4)?

• jman995x
    jman995x
    Community Member

Disregard the last question...I see we're talking about OS vs iOS.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It sounds like you got it sorted out, but in case anyone else comes across this thread…

• 1Password 3 for Mac supports Identities.
    • 1Password 3 for iOS did not support Identities.
    • 1Password 4 for iOS added support for Identities.
This discussion has been closed.