Same Login for different websites

Hello,
for some different sites I have automatically the same login-data.
Examples:
alibaba.com and aliexpress.com
ebay.de and ebay.com
amazon.de and amazon.com

The problem I have is, that 1Password normally save the data for one site. So example I have saved for ebay.de. But if I visit ebay.com and like to login, then 1Password show me the message "No Logins saved for this site". But I have data, thats the same login-data then ebay.de

If I now fill the data manually, then 1Password ask me if I like to save a new entry inside the database.

Now there is my problem: If I change the password for one account, then I must not forgot to change the password also for the second.

My question to you:
Is it possible to sync this to data-entry automatically?
Or better: Is it possible to add a 2nd http adress in this field inside 1Password?

Best regards
Philipp

Comments

• MikeT
    edited May 2013

Hi Philipp,

Not at the moment because imagine if somebody bought ebay.de ( not ebay itself, it can happen as buying one domain doesn't entitle you for the rest of the international TLDs ) and infected it full of malware, you wouldn't want 1Password to automatically fill in your data on that site. 1Password is very strict about this for security reasons.

The good news is that we're actually working on giving you that ability in a different way that will allow you to tell 1Password in advance which sites it can reuse the same Login item on. Please look at my reply here.

Hope that helps.

This discussion has been closed.