Multiple websites, different domains, shared password

Options

Our corporate network has multiple websites with different domains, but they all share a single password.

And I need to change that password every 90 days.

Which means that every 90 days, I have to go into 1Password and change LOTS of passwords.

Is there any way to have a single 1Password login work across multiple domains, so I can just change it once in 1Password?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2013
    Options

"Linked accounts" (or multiple URLs for a single Login item) is a 1Password 4 feature. It is already available in 1Password 4 for iOS and will be available in 1Password 4 for Mac when it is released. If we can be of further assistance in the meantime, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• stevenjklein
    stevenjklein
    Community Member
    Options

As a workaround, I've discovered that if I haven't created a 1Password login for a given website, I can hit command key-\, then pick a login for a different website that uses the same credentials.

Of course I'm still eager to get my hands on 1Password 4. (But no so eager that I want to join the beta.)

Thanks, as always, for your help.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We're working hard to make sure 1Password 4 is just right before the big debut. I'm glad you have found a workaround that does the trick for you for now. Hopefully it won't be too long before this issue is behind us completely. :)

This discussion has been closed.