.ws.agile.1Password.settings is required for syncing

Options
LarryMcJ
LarryMcJ
Community Member
edited May 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Every few months...even though I'm not changing anything about 1Password on my Mac or any iOS device, I get an extraneous file showing up in Dropbox. Filename is ".ws.agile.1Password.settings" The date on this file is 2/8/2013 and the date on my keychain in the 1Password folder is yesterday. Any reason for this file showing up? I've deleted it before, but it's persistent. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry for any confusion, Larry. That pointer file is required for Dropbox syncing. 1Password will recreate it if you delete it since it is necessary for syncing. Please don't delete it. :)

It is hidden in OS X (as are all files that begin with a period in UNIX-based OSes). There is not a way to hide it in the Dropbox interface, though. We may have a different solution in the future, but for now it is required.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

Ah...didn't realize that was a current, and used file. And with the date of 2/8/2013 I figured it wasn't used. Regardless, I didn't delete it this time.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yeah, it is only a pointer to the location of your data file. So if the location of your data file doesn't change then it doesn't need to be updated. It is perfectly normal for it to have a very old "Modified" date if you aren't constantly moving your data file around. :)

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, khad!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No problem!

This discussion has been closed.