"Remember Me/Keep Me Logged In" Checkbox being skipped

I have this issue on several sites. It appears sometimes it will work and other times (usually most of the time) it just doesn't check the box to keep me logged in at the site. I've tried deleting and recreating the login making sure the box is indeed checked when I login and saving the new login. I log out. I come back to the site login and attempt to have 1Password to log me in while checking the box and it skips it again. If I'm lucky and the login takes a little longer than usual I'm able to check the box myself but most of the times as soon as 1Password auto submits the login credentials it takes me to the home page of that site and I'm unable to check the box manually. Again, this happens most of the time and other days it works fine.

This happens on both Safari and Firefox by the way. Here are the details you probably want:

Mac OS X 10.7.4
Safari 5.1.7 (7534.57.2)
1Password MAS Version 3.9.5 (39500.018)
1Password Safari Extension 3.9.4
Firefox 12.0
1Password Firefox Extension 3.9.4

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for mentioning this. It is "sort of" a known issue. As with most form filling issues, it really depends on the specific site. Do you have the URL where you are seeing the problem. And can you confirm the behavior is identical in Safari and Firefox on your testing?
  • warpspeed
    warpspeed
    Community Member
    edited June 2012
    I've been having similar issues - notably, most of the forums are running vBulletin. The attribute "cookieuser" is being stored, however I'm finding that I have to disable auto submit, get 1Password to fill the form, then tick 'remember me', and login.

It's not specific to 1Password from the App Store. I'm using 1Password on Windows and 1Password 3.8 on Mac.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Could you please provide a URL (or two)? I'd love to take a look, but so far I don't have a URL from either of you to test. Depending on the site there could be different factors, so a URL will really help.

Thanks in advance!
  • warpspeed
    warpspeed
    Community Member
    Khad, messaged you a few examples.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks!

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1Password is able to check the "Remember Me" box on all of the URLs you provided in your PM.[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Make sure you save a Login with the box [/font]checked[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif].[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1. Enter your credentials and check the box if you want 1Password to check it when filling the Login, but DO NOT submit the form just yet.[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Using the above technique I was able to save and fill a sample login in Safari (including the "Remember Me" box) at all of the URLs you provided.[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Manually saving a login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Doing this allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page (including whether you had checked the "Remember Me" box when you saved the Login). Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. [/font] :)

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Let me know how it goes after saving a new Login.[/font]
  • Caleb531
    Caleb531
    Community Member
    The same issue (checkbox not being checked) occurs for me when logging into Google or Dropbox. Both checkboxes for the "Remember Me" box are checked in my 1Password vault.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Please read my post directly above yours and follow the steps to save a new Login via the browser extension with the box checked on the login page of each site. We always recommend creating Logins in the browser. Doing this allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page (including whether you had checked the "Remember Me" box when you saved the Login).

Editing items in the main app is not guaranteed to work properly and is mainly only available for advanced troubleshooting. We don't typically recommend editing items by hand in the main application since it does not afford 1Password the chance to pull necessary information directly from the source code of the page where it will be filling the Login.

Please let me know if you are still having trouble after saving new Login items via the browser extension.
  • dmittman
    dmittman
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

Editing items in the main app is not guaranteed to work properly and is mainly only available for advanced troubleshooting. We don't typically recommend editing items by hand in the main application since it does not afford 1Password the chance to pull necessary information directly from the source code of the page where it will be filling the Login.

Interesting. By copying and pasting two Login items into a text editor, you can see that the item that "works" has different data than the item that "doesn't work", even though they appear identical in the 1Password app edit mode. The 1Password edit mode for "All Fields" is misleading in that respect; it doesn't let you edit all fields.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, dmittman! You're referring to the actual JSON which is parsed for each Login item. The extension has been improved over time, so an item saved with the current version may have more accuracy when filling some forms.
  • Mark-Lee
    Mark-Lee
    Community Member
    I'm having a bit weirder experience. Saved checkboxes get unchecked if they were already checked when using "Fill and Submit". But they don't get checked if they weren't unchecked.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    What URL?
  • Mark-Lee
    Mark-Lee
    Community Member
    edited December 2012
    Pretty much any website.
    http://facebook.com
    http://google.com (https://accounts.goo...viceLogin?hl=en)
    http://photoshop.com
    http://twitter.com

Only happens to logins that have been saved in the past few months, as well as new logins I save now. Those, that have been saved more than couple months ago, work fine.

Just did this simple test as an example:
    1. I have 3 separate logins saved for twitter.com and all of them work fine with the "remember me" checkbox. The oldest one is probably a year old, the newest one is approx 2 months old.
    2. I delete one of them from 1Password and create again.*
    3. Now the "remember me" checkbox gets ticked off for the newly created login for twitter.com, as well as the old ones that I didn't even touch.

* — tried both, the automated and the manual methods.

This is happening on different machines, including one with a freshly installed 10.8.2, sharing the same 1Password keychain file via dropbox (one iPhone and an iPad also use this file).

— ML 10.8.2
    — Safari 6.0.2
    — 1Password 3.9.6 (MAS) + Safari extension v.3.9.9
  • mh_
    mh_
    Community Member

That is my experience too. Even using Chrome, though.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Not sure how I missed your reply, Mark-Lee, but this is now a pretty old thread. The extension has been updated many times since we last visited this topic.

mh_, can you please manually save a new Login using the + button and let me know if you are still having trouble? I thought we had fixed this.

This discussion has been closed.