Feature Request: Autosave in 1Browser

benguild
benguild
Community Member
edited May 2013 in iOS

Hi,
I just bought my father 1Password and I was really embarrassed that I couldn't figure out how to save logins. I can create them, but that's too much work compared to, for example, how in Safari on the Mac the extension prompts you to save a login after logging in.

Surely there must be a way to save a login and actually have it work properly on the iPad with just a few button presses, as otherwise this would be awful UX. Can someone please explain to me how to do that?

Thanks!

Comments

• benguild
    benguild
    Community Member

I'm of course referring to saving a login to repeat later (automatically) after doing it just once.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Autosave in 1Browser in 1Password for iOS is not available at this time. Logins must be created in Vault mode for now. Autosave in 1Browser in 1Password for iOS is on our list of thing to implement. It just takes time to do so. For now, you can use autosave on the Mac and they will sync automatically if you have set up Dropbox syncing.

• Furzul
    Furzul
    Community Member

I must agree with benguild, this feature seems to me to be very important. It is already available in Roboform everywhere.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'll make sure the developers get your vote for this as well. Thank you for your feedback, @Furzul! As I mentioned, this is on our radar for iOS. It is already available on the desktop, and it certainly is handy. :)

• benguild
    benguild
    Community Member

See the thing is that my Dad only uses his iPad now.
    He has a Mac Mini but it's slow as hell and running Snow Leopard since some of his applications are on PowerPC.

Can you somehow give him a license for an older version of 1P for Mac (maybe to me via email) until this feature is available on iPad? That way he can at least build his database in the meantime.

For the record: We tried creating logins manually but even after filling in the correct URL so that it'd appear as an option when visiting that website in 1P's Browser... it still wouldn't autofill. The form just stayed blank. The product's a total failure for him right now and, like I said, I was super embarrassed about it. If you guys could make adding passwords from the browser on iOS a priority, it'd make it a solid product that he can use standalone. He basically doesn't need a computer anymore except for this.

Please let me know if there's anything you can do, thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

See the thing is that my Dad only uses his iPad now. He has a Mac Mini but it's slow as hell and running Snow Leopard since some of his applications are on PowerPC.

Completely understandable as we move into more of a "post-PC" world. :)

Can you somehow give him a license for an older version of 1P for Mac (maybe to me via email) until this feature is available on iPad? That way he can at least build his database in the meantime.

The free trial is fully functional for 30 days. Please let me know if he needs more time than that to set things up.

We tried creating logins manually but even after filling in the correct URL so that it'd appear as an option when visiting that website in 1P's Browser... it still wouldn't autofill. The form just stayed blank.

What URL? I can't reproduce this in my testing on loads of popular sites.

If you guys could make adding passwords from the browser on iOS a priority, it'd make it a solid product that he can use standalone. He basically doesn't need a computer anymore except for this.

Again, it is on our radar. The number of users requesting new features is one of the factors that steers development resources, so we really do appreciate you letting us know this would be helpful to you (and perhaps more so to your dad). :)

• benguild
    benguild
    Community Member

He's going to need more than 30 days for sure. He's not a highly active computer user, but uses his iPad all the time.
    Can you send me an email?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Before we move on to a Mac license, I'd like to understand the problem you are having. It should be working just fine to manually create Login items on the iPad.

We tried creating logins manually but even after filling in the correct URL so that it'd appear as an option when visiting that website in 1P's Browser... it still wouldn't autofill. The form just stayed blank.

What URL? I can't reproduce this in my testing on loads of popular sites.

• benguild
    benguild
    Community Member

Just sent it to you in a message.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! I just replied. :)

This discussion has been closed.