1Password toolbar button missing in Firefox Private Browsing

If I start Firefox in Private mode directly (right-click on pinned Firefox icon in taskbar and choose "Enter private browsing") there is no 1Password button in the toolbar.

1Password is available in the toolbar if i start it in regular mode first and the choose Private browsing.

I use firefox in private mode almost all the time and it is a big annoyance to start firefox in regular mode and then go to private browsing, just so I can see the 1password icon in the toolbar.

Firefox: 15.0.1 (been the case since FF v12 or 13)
1Password 3.9.8

On a side note: the 1Password for Windows BETA builds page has a dead-link to " 1Password for Windows forum"
Go to: http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?/forum/13-1password-for-windows-beta-builds/
and click on: the link on this message "Beta Builds Only This forum is reserved for BETA builds. For non-beta builds, please post in the 1Password for Windows forum."

Thanks!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, chip!

This is the first we've ever heard of this, so I'm glad you decided to report it. I'll pass this along to the developers to see what we can do about it on our end. For now, you'll have to keep doing what you've been doing to work around it.

Thanks for mentioning the link too. I just tried finding where in the admin control panel that was set, but I can't find it anywhere. I'll have to come back to it with a fresh pair of eyes tomorrow. :)
  • AudioBear
    AudioBear
    Community Member

Now May 2013, same still happening to me with 1Password extension and Beta extension on Firefox 21.0 on Mac.
    Will this be fixed, Firefox have changed the way this private browsing mode works so it may now be possible.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Still? Or do you mean "again"? There is a bug in Firefox. Try setting the "Firefox will" option to "Remember history" on the "Privacy" tab in Firefox's preferences.

• dsach1w
    dsach1w
    Community Member

I was having a similar problem, and the 1Password icon wasn't even appearing in the list of icons available when attempting to customize the icons on the toolbar in Firefox (latest versions of 1P, FF, and extension itself).

I recently installed the HTTPSEverywhere extension (from the EFF). After trying all of the suggested fixes (removing the add-on, re-installing it, etc.), I tried disabling HTTPSEverywhere. Immediately, the 1Password icon was restored. Perhaps that is a possible culprit? Could just be a FF extension incompatibility thing, or perhaps the 1Password extension makes a non-https connection of some type that is getting blocked by HTTPSEverywhere?

Anyway, figured I'd pass it along.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

We also just pushed an update to the extension. It should be resolved in 3.9.16. Let me know if you are having any trouble HTTPSEverywhere when using 3.9.16.

This discussion has been closed.