Login Does Not Appear To Have Any Fields

Options

Windows 7 64 bit, IE9, 1Password 1.0.9.327. Is there a fix in the works? This just started today on all attempted logins.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @DwightL,

I'm really sorry about this issue. Did this started after an update to 1Password or did it appear out of nowhere with no updates to 1Password recently?

Do you have any other extensions that you might use in Internet Explorer or recently installed to your computer?

Please let me know.

• DwightL
    DwightL
    Community Member
    Options

No recently added extensions. I use Google toolbar, but have used it for several months now. Other than Java and Shockwave, nothing else. It just started today, and 1Password was not updated in the last few days.

• DwightL
    DwightL
    Community Member
    Options

OK. Just reinstalled 1Password from Agilebits web site, and all is well. (Fingers crossed)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi DwightL,

I'm glad to hear that but please do let us know if it comes back. We're trying to reproduce this problem but haven't been able to.

Hopefully, it's gone for good.

• DwightL
    DwightL
    Community Member
    Options

OK. It's doing it again. When I turned on the computer today, I get the same error message.

• DwightL
    DwightL
    Community Member
    Options

Got it going again. The first time, I just reinstalled it without uninstalling it first. This time I uninstalled 1Password using Revo Uninstaller, then reinstalled it. We'll see how long it keeps going this time. I have had a few problems in the past with 1Password not filling in logins on a particular site when the web site I was trying to log into had changed its format, and just re-entered the info to make it work again. But this time, its a general problem, across all web sites I try to login to. If it helps, I'm running 32 Bit IE9 9.0.8112.16421, update ver 9.0.15 (KB2817183) Win 7 64 Bit os.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @DwightL,

Do not reinstall the app, rebooting should clear that error message out from what we understand.

Can you tell me if you use Secure Unlock for the IE extension?

Please send us your diagnostic report, we'd like to compare it to a few folks who reported this as well, to see if we can find a common pattern to this.

To generate the report, open 1Password and go to the Help Menu > Diagnostics Report > Email to AgileBits. This does require an email client installed but if you don't use it, use Export to File instead and attach it to an email that'd be sent to support@agilebits.com.

Please include a link to this thread in that email.

Thanks!

• DwightL
    DwightL
    Community Member
    Options

Diagnostic report sent.
    DwightL

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @DwightL. It looks like Mike was able to get everything working well for you via email. Please email us if you have any further trouble. I'm going to close this thread so we keep the discussion in one place there (via email). :)

EIT-52992-785

• DwightL
    DwightL
    Community Member
    Options

It did it again this morning. A reboot got it going again, but something is still amiss. I just sent you a new diagnostic report, after the reboot. It worked for two days in a row, then messed up this morning.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If you emailed us a Diagnostics Report, there is no need to post here in the forum as well. We are the same people helping in both places. It just slows things down for both you and other folks trying to get help to cross-post in multiple support channels. We'll continue to work with you via email until everything is resolved. :)

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2013
    Options

Version 1.0.9.328 might have fixed this problem. Can someone please update to the latest version of 1Password and confirm the fix? Thanks!

• SvS
    SvS
    Community Member
    Options

Now that my problem with the missing form fields is fixed I just encountered this specific problem using 1.0.9.330. Got the "Login does not appear to have any fields" error with all saved login items in IE. A reboot made 1Password in IE working again, logging the current user off/on did not help.

• Rob 1234
    Rob 1234
    Community Member
    edited May 2013
    Options

I seem to be getting this lately too. I am on 1.0.9.329 and IE 10. Any fixes yet?

• Mark Novick
    Mark Novick
    Community Member
    Options

Getting the same error - running 1.0.9.330, IE 10. Only extension enabled is 1Password. Tried logging off and on as well as rebooting to no avail.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Rob and Mark, can you send me a diagnostics report, please?

stefan AT agilebits DOT com

Thanks!

• Mark Novick
    Mark Novick
    Community Member
    Options

I did the reinstall trick this morning and it is working currently - need me to wait until it is doing it again to send you a diag report?

• Rob 1234
    Rob 1234
    Community Member
    Options

Stefan, Diagnostic report is on your way.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, Rob!

Mark, yeah, you can wait to see if it happens again before generating the report. Hopefully you don't have any more trouble, though. :)

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Version 1.0.9.331 might fix this problem. Can someone please update to version 1.0.9.331 and confirm the fix? Thanks!

• SvS
    SvS
    Community Member
    Options

@Stefan
    Version 1.0.9.331 does not fix the problem for me. Just got the "Login does not appear to have any fields" error again and even worse 1Password failed to save a newly generated passwort and the new login item. The password item misses the password and the login item misses the form fields.

• Mark Novick
    Mark Novick
    Community Member
    Options

Second on SvS's comment - 1.0.9.331 does not solve. Sending Stefan my diag report.

• vbphil
    vbphil
    Community Member
    Options

Win7, 64Bit, IE10, 1.0.9.331. Getting the same errors. It cleared up yesterday after upgrading to .331, but, this morning the errors returned. Laptop was on overnight, no shutdown. I rebooted the laptop and the errors went away. So it is working correctly again.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Those who are having corrupted login items as a result of this -- can you please contact me off-list?

stefan AT agilebits DOT com

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.