Bought Web Store Family Version Upgrade thinking it is the latest version

Options

Hi I just upgraded to the Family Version for my Single Licence Version 3.8.1. Was thinking it was going to be Version 3.9.6 which is offered in the MAS. Would like to know if I would be eligible for future upgrades to Version 4 or other versions. Am confused of the difference between the 2 platforms and how it affects end users like me.

Thanks,
Kumar

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The versions of 1Password from our website and Mac App Store are essentially identical. They only have different version numbers (3.8 and 3.9 respectively) for technical reasons. Mostly it just helps us differentiate distribution channels. You're not missing anything right now. The version you have is the same. :)

Additionally, all new purchases of v3 come with a free upgrade to v4 when available. Your Family License upgrade counts as a new purchase. You will get 1Password 4 for Mac for FREE when it is released. ;)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• Tuxdiver
    Tuxdiver
    Community Member
    Options

What about the "old" users (December 2010) having a family license: will the upgrade be free? (i don't think so)
    How much will the upgrade for the Mac & Windows Family license to version 4 cost? Will it be better to buy a new license NOW with the 50% discount?
    Thanks,
    Dirk.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Upgrade pricing has not been announced for folks who purchased a license prior to 2013. Previous upgrade discounts have not been more than 50%, so if history is any indication now is a great time to buy a new license and lock in the low price and free v4 upgrade. :)

This discussion has been closed.