Persistent "Data changed completely" Dropbox sync issues

Options
psionmark
psionmark
Community Member

Hi folks,

I get an error along the lines of "Data changed completely" on my iPhone 1Password app which is synced with Dropbox. (Sorry, I don't have the exact message as I've just cleared it, but it relates specifically to the Dropbox sync).

I can clear the error by disabling/re-enabling Dropbox sync, but this shouldn't be necessary.

I get this error perhaps 2 to 3 times a week, but it only seems to happen consistently on the iPhone app. I've seen it maybe once or twice on my iPad and never on my Mac.

Any ideas?

This is something of a worry, as there are times when I don't have an Internet connection and if I get this error during one of those times, I wouldn't be able to access my passwords.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @psionmark,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

First, I want to assure you that 1Password doesn't access your data on Dropbox. It only syncs it via Dropbox. All your data is available offline right on your device. You do not need an Internet connection to access your 1Password data. It is locally stored. You only need an Internet in order to sync changes. The data already on your device will always be available. :)

That said, can you confirm for me that you have a full and complete data set in 1Password on your Mac? If so, I would recommend simply uninstalling 1Password from your iOS device(s) and reinstall it to set up Dropbox syncing anew.

Please let me know.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.