Two steps logon

sobot
sobot
Community Member

My bank implemented two steps logon, so I have to type my username then hit return button and type password and again hit return button. I see that 1Password not supporting currently two steps logon, do you plan this feature in future?

Best regards
Arek

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

1Password works great with Login processes that are spread out over multiple pages. :)

I have Logins for many sites like that in my own data file.

Try saving a new Login manually like this:

1. Visit the site's login page.
    2. Enter your username on the first page, but DO NOT submit the form.
    3. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    4. Enter your password into the password field before saving the Login item.
    5. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    6. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Manually saving a new Login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Saving a new Login item allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :)

If the password is to be entered on a separate page, usually adding it to a Login item saved on the first page as i described above will do the trick. If you're still having trouble, could you please let me know the URL so I can take a look?

Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

And, of course, I completely missed the fact that this was in the iOS category not Mac. If you are using a Mac (or Windows), you can use the above technique with the 1Password extension in your desktop browser then (presuming you are syncing) the Login item will be available on your iOS device(s).

Otherwise, if you are only using 1Password for iOS, you should be able to just create a Login item and enter the username and password into one Login item. You'll just need to fill it on each page. So, when you view the first page, select it from the toolbar in 1Password's built-in browser. Then on the second page, do the same thing: select it from the toolbar in 1Password's built-in browser.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

• sobot
    sobot
    Community Member

It works :) Thank a lot!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.