Direct syncing

Options
Gabrusha
Gabrusha
Community Member
edited June 2013 in iOS

Hi there,

First of all, I love 1P!

I have always synced directly, and was about to upgrade to 1P4 for iOS when I read that I won't be able to do so if I upgrade. I was going to use the current 50% option, but if I do so then I will be forced to move to Dropbox syncing, which I prefer to avoid. Is there any other option for those of us who want to upgrade to iOS 1P4? Do we wait until 1P4 for Mac is released with the USB sync option (and miss out on the fun and the offers?)

Thanks,

Gabrusha

Comments

• Allan08
    Allan08
    Community Member
    Options

You posted two days ago, but Agile Bits didn't provide you with the courtesy of a response. So I posted a stronger question on the moronic design. We will see if they respond to either one of us, or just censor and eliminate my posting and your question.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Gabrusha,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. USB Syncing is available now and you can use it today. iCloud syncing will be an option as well once 1Password 4 for Mac is released. You can read some more details about direct syncing in my reply to @Allan08 in the thread he started.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Cheers!

• BrianStegner2
    BrianStegner2
    Community Member
    Options

Well, it sure helps me. I use wi-fi syncing, all the time, and want nothing to do with DropBox, or the iCloud deal. As long as you guys don't go back and "break" older versions, I'm fine with taking a pass on the update. ¡No problemo!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BrianStegner2, as I mentioned in my aforelinked post, you are absolutely free to do that. You can also use USB syncing between 1Password 4 for iOS and 1Password for Mac. It is available today, right now.

Cheers!

• Cobram
    Cobram
    Community Member
    Options

Dear AgileBits Team

You bug me everyday with the annoying message to upgrade to 1Password to v4. I WILL NEVER DO THAT. Unless you support WiFi syncing. I still can't understand why you did this to us, your customers? USB? Are we in the stone age? iCloud, Dropbox? Who else we don't know yet reads our accounts and data there besides government agencies (just read the latest news)?

Seriously, guys. Putting my password - my most private data - to some remote web server accessible to somebody I don't know about? Is it a joke?

WiFi had problems? Are you software development company? So you really made this software that keeps everybody's secrets and you suppose that we will store it on the web?

• williw
    williw
    Community Member
    Options
    • Just like to confirm, that I do not want to store my secret data somewhere out of my control!
    • Why is 1password 4 for IOS only running on IOS6 + (we have phones that can not be upgraded by policy)
    • Additionally, I do not understand why WIFI and USB-Sync can not happily run together?
    • USB-Sync is not yet available for Windows

By that, the new purchases will be definitely a no-go

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Cobram, I already replied to your duplicate post about this in another thread, but I'm happy to reply here again as well. :)

As I mentioned in my reply there, you are free to continue using 1Password 3 and syncing via Wi-Fi. If that is a good solution for you, why change?

Of course, all that said, we would be remiss if we weren't constantly evaluating other sync options. Please see the discussion on this issue in the Lounge especially this post of Jeff's.

• Cobram
    Cobram
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, @khad

And I hope you will be continuing to keep 1Password 3.X updated, will you?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Cobram, what needs to be updated? I'd love to pass it along to the developers.

Thanks! :D

• Cobram
    Cobram
    Community Member
    Options

@khad, thank you!

I mean sometimes browsers change their architecture new Mac OS Xs come and everything has to be updated to be compatible with it. Will you be doing it with 3.X?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

1Password 3 for iOS doesn't integrate with any browsers since it is impossible to do so. So that doesn't really apply on iOS. So far, I believe 1Password 3 for iOS still works well in iOS 7, but iOS 7 is still in beta, so the future is not completely clear yet.

This discussion has been closed.