1Password Button Missing In Firefox

I woke up today and the button for 1password is missing in Firefox. I have the latest version of 1password installed on my computer which is version 1.0.9.331. I’m running the latest version of Firefox (version 21.0). I’ve checked to see if the extension is enabled in Firefox. I've removed the extension from Firefox and reinstalled it. I’ve looked for the button under the customize menu of the toolbars in Firefox. Nothing I do works to get the 1password button back into Firefox. Please let me know what I need to do to get it back.

Comments

• RobbyTheTobby
    RobbyTheTobby
    Community Member
    edited May 2013

Same stuff for me.

Firefox 21.0, Firefox 1Password Addon 3.9.15, 1Password 1.0.9.331

• pdhrebooted
    pdhrebooted
    Community Member

I'm also running 1Password 3.9.15 which is the latest version of the extension so I can't figure out why it's not working. Hopefully someone from agile will chime in with the solution to the problem soon.

• RobbyTheTobby
    RobbyTheTobby
    Community Member

I tried right now the 3.9.14 Addon and it works again. Therefor I think that somebody went wrong with the 3.9.14 Addon Version.

• pdhrebooted
    pdhrebooted
    Community Member

How did you revert to 3.9.14?

• RobbyTheTobby
    RobbyTheTobby
    Community Member

I found the version in another discussion. discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/71922/#Comment_71922

• pdhrebooted
    pdhrebooted
    Community Member

Thanks, I downloaded the .xpi file but I can't figure out where it needs to go. Do you remember the directory you pasted it into?

• pdhrebooted
    pdhrebooted
    Community Member

Never mind I figured it out. I just dragged and dropped the .xpi file into a new window of Firefox and it installed version 3.9.14. Thanks for your help!

• kuglerax
    kuglerax
    Community Member

Same problem here. installed version 3.9.14. all is good.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

This should be fixed in version 3.9.16 of the extension. We don't recommend using old versions, and we certainly don't recommend ever installing the extension from an untrusted source.

Please let me know if you are still having trouble with version 3.9.16 of the 1Password Firefox extension installed from our server rather than an unknown Dropbox account. :)

• Etosha
    Etosha
    Community Member

I had the same problem with FF20.0 and 1P 3.9.17b; also tried 3.9.16, which I switched back to for testing. Updating FF to 21.0 did the trick, 3.9.17b is working again.

I admit, I hate updates - but in this case, I didn't even install any in the first place. How can it happen that the function of an addon simply changes overnight?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Firefox changed in version 21. We made changes to accommodate it. The changes are automatically pulled by Firefox updating your extensions. Be sure to always stay up to date with the current stable versions of Firefox and the 1Password extension.

• fedley917
    fedley917
    Community Member

I am brand new to 1p. Downloaded the 30 day trial, but 1p button is missing in Firefox 21.0. The 1P extension has been downloaded (3.9.17) and it worked initially, but on reboot of Firefox, 1p is missing from list of extensions and the 1p key (button) doesn't appear on the FF tool bar. Would appreciate any help.

• bioxx
    bioxx
    Community Member

Similar but different problem with IceDragon. v. 21.0.1.15

When I install the addon (v.3.9.17) the little key will show in the tool bar. After a restart of the browser its gone again.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@fedley917, can you confirm that the issue persists after several restarts of Firefox? If so, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report so we can better assist you.

Select Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File from the menu bar in 1Password. Then attach the report to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

@bioxx, only the current stable versions of Firefox are supported. Please let me know if you are having trouble in the current stable version of Firefox.

• bioxx
    bioxx
    Community Member
    edited June 2013

@bioxx, only the current stable versions of Firefox are supported. Please let me know if you are having trouble in the current stable version of Firefox.

I don't use FF as such, too bloated.

I understand that IceDragon is not exactly a very common browser but I thought I mention it since most FF addons work on it. v. 21.0.1.15 is the latest stable for IceDragon.

That said, you probably get my money anyway since I want to switch to 1P on all my devices, particularly on the iphone.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Unfortunately we can't guarantee compatibility with unsupported browsers, but it could be helpful in troubleshooting if we knew the results you got in Firefox.

• bioxx
    bioxx
    Community Member

Unfortunately we can't guarantee compatibility with unsupported browsers, but it could be helpful in troubleshooting if we knew the results you got in Firefox.

It works in FF, for me at least.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It sounds like an IceDragon bug then, in which case we would need to wait for them to fix it. I'm sorry I don't have a more satisfying answer for you.

• bioxx
    bioxx
    Community Member

It sounds like an IceDragon bug then, in which case we would need to wait for them to fix it. I'm sorry I don't have a more satisfying answer for you.

I'm not really bothered by it since I use LastPass for 'normal' net logins.

I just don't trust it with bank logins. Those I don't want to be permanently 'unlocked' as long as the browser is open. Might be my paranoia but the way I see it my LastPass vault is open in the cloud when unlocked but 1P is only open on my computer.

All not a problem. I'm very poor so I don't need to log in to my bank accounts too often. :-O

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

LOL We'll see if there is more we can do on our end in the future, but I'm glad you are able to get by for now. :)

Now if you figure out how to solve that problem with the low numbers in your bank account, let me know. That's something I have been troubleshooting for years. ;)

This discussion has been closed.