Importing from CSV

Options
LMEA
LMEA
Community Member
edited July 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I need to create a process by which information can be exported from Outlook (or perhaps SAVED AS) in such a way that the information can easily be manipulated and imported into 1Password. Any suggestions?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

1Password imports standard CSV. Does Outlook export to CSV? What exactly is the use case? What type of data?

• LMEA
    LMEA
    Community Member
    Options

Our company has implemented the use of 1Password for Assistants who maintain their execs credit information. Until now there has not been a standard. There are some assistants who have kept the info in the execs contact. I've been testing your app this morning and while I thought I was on the right track... having saved a contact in CSV on my desktop to import. I cannot find it inside of 1Password.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Select File > Import from the menu bar in 1Password. Then open the CSV file.

If you're having some trouble, could you please describe in as much detail as possible the steps you are taking, and what you are [not] seeing happen? With some additional information from you we can then provide you with specific assistance. :)

Thanks!

• LMEA
    LMEA
    Community Member
    Options

That is precisely what I did. It looks as if the file is going to import but then, it is not there.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm not sure what you mean by "it is not there". What do you see right after you click the "Open" button after selecting the file?

Could you post a screenshot and provide some more details? I would love to help, but I am still not sure exactly where you are stuck.

This discussion has been closed.