1P in iOS 7 beta

Jacques
Jacques
Community Member

Has anyone been using 1P with the current iOS 7 beta build? If that doesn't work, will 1PasswordAnywhere work?

Comments

• BillyBobBongo
    BillyBobBongo
    Community Member

1 Password does indeed work on the current iOS 7 beta build. I have it running on my iPhone 4s at this very moment,

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

There will almost always be some rough edges in any days-old, beta version of an OS, but overall things are looking pretty good. I can't say much more as everything in iOS 7 is under NDA. :)

• But the tab view Is buggy in my version. All tabs are laying above each other in the tab view. everything else is fine ;)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Improvements are on the way. It will certainly be ready by the time iOS 7 goes GM, but before that we can't make any promises. It is still in beta after all. :D

• Balefire
    Balefire
    Community Member

Will version 4 still work? Or will we be forced to pay for a new version, like when iOS 6 was released? I was a bit put out that people who paid for the previous version didn't even get a discount. I'm all for supporting you guys, but show some loyalty back.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

There has only been one paid upgrade to 1Password on iOS. 1Password 1, 2, and 3 received hundreds of free updates. There was no upgrade associated with iOS 6. 1Password 4 was a year in the making, though, and we decided to finally charge for one upgrade. It turns out that giving everything away for free forever isn't a sustainable business model. ;)

We appreciate your support. :)

I can't promise anything about the future, but I would be surprised if there was another paid upgrade before iOS 7 was already considered "old".

• Balefire
    Balefire
    Community Member

Thanks for that. Sorry if I came across as grumpy - I bought 1Password v3 about 2 months before iOS 6 was released so didn't see any of the previous free upgrades!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2013

Completely understandable! I hope you were able to got a lot of value out of 1Password 3 in that year. If you would have purchased 1Password 3 in 2008, you would have received free updates for 4 years. As I mentioned, I can't make any promises about the future, but I hope our track record gives you some indication of the upgrade cycle for 1Password for iOS. You may very well get four more years of free updates to 1Password 4. :)

• DanielGD
    DanielGD
    Community Member

I just updated my iPad Mini to iOS 7 - and I've been using 1Password3 - and The app was removed from my system and I can't get it back. I may or may not get an upgrade, but I don't think the app should have been completely removed from my system. Why did that happen?

• DanielGD
    DanielGD
    Community Member

To be clear -
    I upgraded my iPad Mini to pre-release iOS7

• I had iPassword3 installed on my desktop, and on my iPad
    • After the upgrade, iPassword (v3) was removed from iTunes on my desktop. It was not installed on the upgraded mini
    • I have no way to get back to the version I had.

As a customer, that is just wrong. I'm not asking for support for the old version. I'm just asking for the old version, as I depended upon it. Why is the old version not available in the store for download?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

1Password 3 is not available for sale on the App Store to avoid customer confusion. However, to download the old version of 1Password that you already purchased, please be sure to go to the Purchases section in the App Store as described in the FAQ:

I can’t find 1Password 3 for my older iOS devices, how do I download it?

Please let me know how it goes when you go to the Purchases section in the App Store. :)

• Lexicon
    Lexicon
    Community Member

I have been working with all three beta versions of iOS7 sofar, and found no issues with 1Password version 4.

Part of any beta means you understand that the software is not necessarily a finished item, and may break all your software, part of the agreement you signed for apple beta's, it does say make sure all your software is the latest versions, prior to install, and you should only use 'provisoned' or test devices, not production machines - if you didn't sign the apple developer agreement, but used a cracked version - good luck, your device may not upgrade properly to the release version, and become a door stop.

This discussion has been closed.