Firefox data on Mac not updated to match Main Application

Latest Mac os x and firefox browser. In 1Password I did a restore from backup to bring the laptop up to the data from my primary mac. Now the new data show up fine in the 1Password on the laptop, but the Firefox browser on the laptop does not show the new account data. I have removed the Firefox extension for 1Password and re-installed twice but no change.

Had a similar problem in Safari but re-installing that browser extension fixed the problem. Maddening. Shouldn't be this hard to restore. I want my evening back.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Let's try completely removing and reinstalling the Firefox extension. Other browsers handle the removal of the SQLite file automatically when you remove the extension, but you will need to do this manually for Firefox:

1. In Firefox, select Tools > Add-ons from the menu bar.
    2. Click the Remove button to remove the 1Password extension.
    3. Quit Firefox.
    4. In Finder, select Go > Go to Folder from the menu bar.
    5. Copy and paste the following path and press Return:

~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles

6. Move the OnePassword.sqlite file you see there to the desktop.

Then reinstall the 1Password extension in Firefox:

https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/index.html

Once everything is working well, you can safely move the OnePassword.sqlite file on the desktop to the trash.

• mf4j
    mf4j
    Community Member

Already removed the Firefox extension and re-installed (twice, as mentioned in original post). I can't find any Firefox folder under Application Support and file search comes up negative for OnePassword and .sqlite???

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I understand that you already removed and reinstalled the extension, but the complete process (including the removal of the SQLite file) is necessary since you are using Firefox and not Safari or Chrome which handles the removal of the SQLite file automatically when you remove the extension. Please follow the steps very carefully.

What happens when you copy and paste the path from step 6 into the dialog box from step 5 and press Return? Do you get an error message? Could you post a screenshot? With some additional information from you we can then provide you with specific assistance.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.