Trouble accessing a second schwab.com account after logging out of the first

igorx
igorx
Community Member
edited July 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have an account at Schwab, and so does my wife, separate users ids and passwords.

If i log into my account or my wife's account the relevant page opens right up. if i then log into the other account it won't open, until i open some other un-related login, Delta Airlines, Ghin, etc, then I can go back and open the other Schwab account. Why can't i go from one to another in sequence?

Thanks Igorx

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @igorx,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us about this. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble. I myself have an account at Schwab and am able to log out and back in to my one account without a problem.

1. Are you able to log back in to the same account?
    2. Does the problem only occur when trying to log in to a different account?
    3. What specific steps are you taking to log in, and what you are [not] seeing happen? Is the information being filled in and not automatically submitted? Is it filled in and submitted but returning an error from Schwab?
    4. What is the URL you see in the address bar when you attempt to log in to the second account?
    5. Is the Login item you select in the 1Password extension popup in the top "Fill and Submit Login" section or the bottom "Open Login in…" section?

With some additional information from you we can then provide you with specific assistance.

Thanks!

• igorx
    igorx
    Community Member
    1. Yes i am able to log back into the same account
    2. Yes
    3. When i click the second account right after logging into the first account, the Schwab login page does come up but the user id and password do not get filled in.
    4. Its the same URL
    5. if auto submit is on, is in the box, for both accounts
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Please tell me the specific URL in the address bar. I want to make sure we are on the same page when testing.

Is the Login item you select in the 1Password extension popup in the top "Fill and Submit Login" section or the bottom "Open Login in…" section? Please tell me which section it is in.

Also, what is the URL in the Login item?

• igorx
    igorx
    Community Member

the specific URL is https://www.schwab.com/public/schwab/client_home

it's in "open login in new tab"

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hm. What URL is in the Login item? If the domain in the address bar matches the domain in the Login item it should be in the "Fill and Submit Login" section not the "Open Login in…" section.

• igorx
    igorx
    Community Member

Ok, first I deleted both accounts from 1 password. Then I googled Schwab client login page clicked it and logged into my account manually and clicked save when 1password asked me.

The I visited some unconnected sites randomly, then I went back and and manually logged into my wife's account, again no problem and clicked save when prompted by 1password.

Then I again randomly visited some unconnected sites and then opened up 1password and both accounts had been saved in the open with box. I clicked my account and it opened just fine. Then I opened 1password again and both logins were in the fill and submit box, I clicked my wife's and nothing happens the schwab login page doesn't come up.

No idea what's going on!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2013

This is very strange indeed. I'll try to see if we can find another account with which to test, but I only have one account. Others on the team here have Schwab accounts, but I think they only have one as well. Maybe we can pool our resources and test and then change some passwords right afterwards. For now, you may need to open a new tab as the most convenient way to log into the second account. I'll see if we can find out anything more.

Thanks for your patience!

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member

Any updates on this issue? I'm having issues with Schwab which are maddening, and I'm wondering if there are known problems / glitches with using Schwab.com and 1Password.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Are you using two different Schwab accounts? This thread was started for that specific scenario. If not, you should be able to simple save a new Login item like this:

1. Visit the site's login page: https://client.schwab.com/Login/SignOn/CustomerCenterLogin.aspx
    2. Enter your credentials, but DO NOT submit the form.
    3. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    4. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    5. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Using the above technique I was able to save and fill a sample login at:

https://client.schwab.com/Login/SignOn/CustomerCenterLogin.aspx

Manually saving a new Login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Saving a new Login item allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :)

My Schwab Login item is working very well, so I hope that helps you get yours working. Please let me know.

This discussion has been closed.