Bug Report DROPBOX SYNC: iPhone 3G can't sync via Dropbox [WILL BE FIXED in 3.5.1]

camner
camner
Community Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
1P on iPhone (latest version) repeatedly says it can't find the password file in Dropbox. It's there, as I've been using it to sync multiple macs. For over a year. The 1P folder is at the dropbox root. Rebooting phone does not help.

Seems that this wonderful new feature is having growing pains! (others seem to be having similar problems)

Comments

• roustem
    edited December 1969
    Please make sure you are running the latest version of 1Password for Mac. That should fix the problem.
  • kellysims
    edited December 1969
    I am also having this issue. I have latest Mac Version 3.3.0 (build 30700), as well as todays Touch Pro release. When trying to sync at setup it crashes to home screen. I am on a 3G iOS 4.0.1. I reset the Mac keychain location to the main Dropbox folder prior to this, and waited for Dropbox sync to happen.
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    kellysims wrote:

Thank you for the screenshot!

It is a bug in the current version, we will fix it asap.
  • jw34
    jw34
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I just tried to sync with my 3G and got the message: Dropbox sync failed to validate encryption keys: No background task exists with identifier 0.
  • JetLaw
    JetLaw
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    jw34 wrote:
    I just tried to sync with my 3G and got the message: Dropbox sync failed to validate encryption keys: No background task exists with identifier 0.

Me too. Is the 3G supported when running iOS4, or is 3GS hardware required? It almost sounds like the app is expecting multi-tasking to be available.

Thanks,

Josh
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    JetLaw wrote:
    Me too. Is the 3G supported when running iOS4, or is 3GS hardware required? It almost sounds like the app is expecting multi-tasking to be available.

Thanks,

Josh

iPhone 3G is supported. However there is a bug in version 3.5 that will not let you sync using Dropbox. We submitted version 3.5.1 today with the bug fix.
This discussion has been closed.