Can not edit/view ogin information with browser extension menu

Drunkfox
Drunkfox
Community Member
edited August 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi, I apologize for my English, I know it's not the best...
As ton the title, I can't edit/view ogin information with browser extension menu. If I select the item and press the right arrow key, 1 Password closed.
I have this issue with all the browsers (Firefox,Internet Explorer, Chrome).
Please help me.
Thank you.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Drunkfox,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Can you confirm for me which versions of (1) 1Password, (2) browsers, and (3) 1Password extension you are using? I moved your post to the Windows category since you mentioned Internet Explorer, but I just want to be sure. :)

Let's focus on just one browser at a time, though. Let me know which browser is your primary browser, and we'll start there.

Thanks!

• Drunkfox
    Drunkfox
    Community Member

Hello, thank you for a quick reply.
    I apologize, I made a mistake, sorry: I have the issue only with Firefox (version 22.0).
    Firefox is my primary browser.
    I'm using 1Password version 1.0.9.332. I bought the family license.

You asked me about 1password extension, what is this?

Is it possible to edit/view login information when I'm use Inetrnet Explorer (version 10.0.9200.16635 - Windows7) ?

Thank you very much for helping me.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for following up, @Drunkfox!

You asked me about 1password extension, what is this?

The 1Password extension in Firefox should appear as a button with a "key" icon on it in Firefox's toolbar. When you click it, the 1Password extension popup appears. It looks like this:

You can find the version number by clicking the "gear icon on the bottom of the left corner of the extension just above the "padlock".

Is it possible to edit/view login information when I'm use Inetrnet Explorer (version 10.0.9200.16635 - Windows7) ?

Not at this time, no. It is only possible to edit Login details in other supported browsers (Firefox, Chrome, and Safari).

• Drunkfox
    Drunkfox
    Community Member

Thank you.
    So, I found the version of 1Password: 3.9.14
    If I open 1Password and I check for new versions, they said that I have the last version installed. But, on the screenshot that you posted, you have 3.9.19...
    In the past I had no problem to edit/view login information with Firefox, but now I can not...
    Any suggestion please?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

By default, browsers update the 1Password extensions automatically (and separately from the main 1Password application). Please be sure that you haven't disabled automatic updates to extensions in Firefox. In Firefox's Add-ons Manager, click the action button ("gear") and verify that "Update Add-ons Automatically" is checked.

You can also choose the "Check for Updates" option to manually check for updates.

If none of that works, you can always remove the 1Password extension from Firefox and reinstall it to get the current version.

• Drunkfox
    Drunkfox
    Community Member

Hi.
    "Update Add-ons Automatically" and "Check for Updates" doesn't work.
    As you suggest, I removed the 1Password extension from Firefox and reinstalled it to get the current version.
    Now ALL WORKS FINE and I can edit/view login information!
    Thank you very much.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that 1Password is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.