Bug Report 1Password Pro 3.5 on iPhone 2G not installing

d00by
d00by
Community Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
Hi,

I get an error message when trying to install the latest 1Password Pro v3.5 on my iPhone 2G running iOS 3.1.3

The iTunes App page says it requires iOS 3.2

Please consider making it compatible with iPhone 2G. I understand that one will not be able to get the eatures provided by iOS 4, but I should be atleast able to install the app on my iPhone 2G, right?(think)

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    It appears this update won't install on any device running iOS 3.1.3 or older. If you don't have iOS 3.2 or 4, you're S.O.L. it appears (I'm in the same boat).
  • d00by
    d00by
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    This is stupid IMO. one should be able to at-least install the app.

What do people with older Phones do. NOT use 1Password?
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    What can we do? We cannot support multi-tasking correctly without a full re-write for iOS 4.
  • d00by
    d00by
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    other apps like Skype, etc. also implement multi-tasking. I am able to install those apps on my iPhone 2G.

I just want to be able to install the app. I understand I will not be able to use the iOS 4 "goodies".
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    d00by wrote:
    other apps like Skype, etc. also implement multi-tasking. I am able to install those apps on my iPhone 2G.

I just want to be able to install the app. I understand I will not be able to use the iOS 4 "goodies".

Yes, but they do not have to implement data locking. Auto-Lock implementation is completely different in iOS 4.
  • d00by
    d00by
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Is there a way to re-install the last compatible version on my iPhone 2G?

The latest version update auto-deleted my last compatible version
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    my beta copy is in the trash can after the update maybe check there and see if the old file is there.
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    d00by wrote:
    Is there a way to re-install the last compatible version on my iPhone 2G?

The latest version update auto-deleted my last compatible version

See if you can find the previous version in the Trash.
  • d00by
    d00by
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I emptied my trash can.

dang! :(
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    backups maybe, time machine, etc should have copies
  • d00by
    d00by
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    my time machine backup from a week back will do, I guess.

Thanks all for your time.
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Glad you had those.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    So am I to understand that anyone unable to update to iOS4 is now out of luck from here on out? I was really looking forward to Dropbox syncing, too. I guess I'll have to wait until the end of the year when I finally can upgrade to an iPhone 4.
  • iay
    iay
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    roustem wrote:
    See if you can find the previous version in the Trash.

This is really not a very good answer, particularly for people like myself who have both an original iPhone and, say, an iPad.

I paid you for 1Password Pro because it worked on both devices and promised new features in the future over the iPhone version (which I also paid for, as well as paying for the desktop version twice). Now, without any warning as far as I can see, you've decided not to support one of those platforms, apparently because of a technical choice you made when implementing iOS 4 support. I understand that you needed to change the way things were done to support the new iOS 4 features, but I have to ask whether you were unaware that you were breaking the app for customers with old phones, or did you just not care about that? Did you even consider keeping the app compatible with the original hardware?

Telling me that I can fish an old file out of the trash and junk the new version -- and all future versions, presumably -- does not strike me as a workable solution. Aside from the permanent functionality freeze, which makes me sad about the amount I paid for 1Password Pro, it makes me very unhappy to be stuck without the ability to run newer versions on my iPad.

For now, the 3.1.1 Pro still seems to be running on my phone (iTunes keeps trying and failing to update it, but at least it hasn't deleted it yet) while 3.5 has been installed on the iPad, but I'm concerned I'll lose it if I have to reinstall or restore for any reason. I guess my fallback at least for now would be the iPhone version 3.1.1 which as I mentioned above I've also paid for. Until you update that too, of course.

I think you need to think of a better response, really.
  • isachse
    edited December 1969
    Hello guys,

I really love 1Password. It's a great tool and I will not miss. But I think that the step to kick off your old users, which helps you to grow up, at a bugfix release is not okay. I bought 1Password Pro and used it all the time with my iPhone Classic and it works great. Now I see this great new feature: Dropbox support... and boom, I had bougth it before with version 3.1. Great! But then there was not a happy ending. You have to turn it into a new minor release and everthing is okay, but not in 3.5... Not cool.
This discussion has been closed.