Bug Report 1Password on iPhone and iPad keeps rejecting my DropBox login

pnh
pnh
edited December 1969 in iOS
I'm trying to set up DropBox synccing. I have the newest versions of 1Password running on my iPad, my iPhone 4, and my Mac. And the newest versions of DropBox.

At the point where 1Password asks me to login to DropBox, I type my DropBox credentials -- and I'm rejected, every single time. "Login failed. Please make sure email and password are correct."

I've made sure a dozen times. I've gone and logged out of my DropBox account and logged back in. 1Password simply will not accept my DropBox credentials. I'm stumped.

Comments

• roustem
    edited December 1969
    The rejection must be coming from Dropbox as 1Password sends the email and password you typed to Dropbox for authentication.

Do you have the Dropbox Login saved in 1Password for Mac? Perhaps you could try to sync using Wi-Fi first and then 1Password on iPhone can use the synced Login item for Dropbox syncing.
  • pnh
    pnh
    edited December 1969
    Never mind, this was my fault; a nearly impossible-to-see rogue space had crept in _before_ my email address in the login field. Working now. Thanks.
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    pnh wrote:
    Never mind, this was my fault; a nearly impossible-to-see rogue space had crept in _before_ my email address in the login field. Working now. Thanks.

Aha! Great to hear you solved this issue!
  • dihakz
    dihakz
    Community Member
    Ummm... (waving my arms wildly through the air) I still have this same issue, and no mistakes made in any of the fields (email or pw!)

My computers sync with DropBox with no issues... and I can sync my iPad with my computer via wi-fi... but I'd REALLY rather use DropBox syncing!

Whenever I try to set it up, I get as far as trying to log into DropBox when I get the following error message:
    "Login failed. Please make sure email and password are correct."

Both entries, I can ASSURE you, ARE correct -- and I've even cut and pasted directly from the 1password login info for DropBox!!

Please, if you can, HELP!

roustem wrote:

Aha! Great to hear you solved this issue!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, dihakz. I'm sorry to hear that you are still have trouble getting Dropbox to accept your login credentials.

Make sure you can successfully login to http://www.dropbox.com/ with the login you have saved in 1Password on your Mac. Then try syncing your keychain via Wi-Fi initially (to get that Dropbox login on your device in the first place). My Dropbox password is one from our Strong Password Generator, so there is hardly a chance I would type it correctly. :-)

If you have a login for the Dropbox website saved in 1Password, the iOS apps will populate the fields for you when setting up Dropbox syncing. There is no need to copy or paste anything.

Otherwise, the authentication that takes place is strictly through Dropbox and you may have to contact them.

Please let us know how it goes!
  • noelbernie
    noelbernie
    Community Member
    does your email or password contain any special letter or symbol ?
    if so, can you change the dropbox password to something more simple for a few minutes ?

then login and see if it helps
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    [font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Great idea Noelbernie,

this has helped a few folks at times in the past. If it works please email us or post back exactly what character was causing the issue if you can determine it. Thank you.
    If it is a special character it could be our app or something in DBs API. Either way it will benefit one of the teams for this info.

Also have you tried working from a clean slate.... delete and reinstall the app ?

Also in one of the earlier releases if I remember correctly there were issue's similar in nature but not exactly the same, are you sure you are on the latest iOS version?

Also in re to that earlier version, sometimes 1P would balk at wifi (it was a net timeout issue on my end) Have you tried turning off the wifi just to see if it will connect ?

Sometimes this is still an issue (not 1Ps fault or Dropbox) when I travel I sometimes have trouble connecting through HughesNet when its used by motels, hotels etc. I just turn off wifi for a couple of min sync my keychain and then turn it back on.
    [/font]
  • haivu
    haivu
    Community Member
    I also experience the same problem: I cannot login to Dropbox to sync. I have verified several times my login email and password. My password is a simple 7-alpha-character one with no symbols or numbers. Please note that 1Password currently stores 3 different Dropbox entries (one for each of my family member).
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    If you already have the Dropbox login(s) on your iPhone, have you tried copying and pasting the password during the Dropbox setup?
This discussion has been closed.