Compatibility with portable versions of Firefox and Chrome

Is 1password still/currently not able to work with the portable versions of the two browsers? If so, is that something that can be hacked together to work?

Comments

• thisisfaked
    thisisfaked
    Community Member

Apologies, seems that my searching abilities only catch up after I posted. Seems like my question has been asked before and has probably not changed since.

See:
    http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/10775/chrome-and-firefox-portable-connecting-forever

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I don't know if it will ever be possible. However, I will certainly let the developers know you are interested in this.

• thisisfaked
    thisisfaked
    Community Member

Thanks Khad. One possible solution I've read about, but unfortunately I'm not quite up to speed on doing myself, is setting up symbolic links at the correct default location of the browser profiles and point them to where the portable browsers have them set to.

Dunno if anyone else on the forums has achieved that. Drop a line if you have. Thanks

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It may work, but we wouldn't support such a configuration. Even if it does work now it may not work in the future due to changes in 1Password, the extensions, or the browsers themselves.

All that said, I would love to hear about any success with it.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.