Bug Report 1password and Safari 5 not working well together

Hi

I've had this problem for a while - with both Safari 4 and 5.

I'm using the latest 1password 3. Very regularly 1password will be removed from Safari automatically meaning I have to go back into 1password preferences and add 1Password back into Safari, which gets very tedious - mostly on a daily basis.

Also, when 1password is installed Safari can then take up to 5 minutes to become active - it will sit there seemly hung.

In 1password I've tried:
* rebuilding data file
* clearing cache

None of which solves the issue.

I do not have any Safari addons such as Glims etc.

Firefox, meanwhile works fine.

Thanks in advance for help.

Stewart

Comments

• dteare
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums Stewart, and thank you for reporting these issues.

At first glance I am not sure what the cause of these issues could be but I suspect your Diagnostics Report could shed some light on them. Could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? You can generate the report from 1Password by clicking the Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report... menu item and then sending the report to us at support@agile.ws using Mail.

Please include a link to this thread in your email message so that we can 'connect the dots'.
  • MikeT
    edited December 1969
    stewart01 wrote:
    Hi

I've had this problem for a while - with both Safari 4 and 5.

I'm using the latest 1password 3. Very regularly 1password will be removed from Safari automatically meaning I have to go back into 1password preferences and add 1Password back into Safari, which gets very tedious - mostly on a daily basis.

Also, when 1password is installed Safari can then take up to 5 minutes to become active - it will sit there seemly hung.

In 1password I've tried:
    * rebuilding data file
    * clearing cache

None of which solves the issue.

I do not have any Safari addons such as Glims etc.

Firefox, meanwhile works fine.

Thanks in advance for help.

Stewart

Could you run the Reset Folder Permissions option:
    1. Quit Safari
    2. Run 1Password
    3. Click Help > Troubleshooting > Reset Folder Permissions
    4. For good measure, restart your Mac.
    5. Run Safari

Please let me know how it turns out.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.