Link spam in forum "Activity" section

wifisyncer
wifisyncer
Community Member

Hello Agile,
I don't know if this is the correct place for this kind of post, but here goes anyway... :-)
I've been recently clicking on the "Activity" section in the Forums (the button up there between "Threads" and the Search box) and I notice that some users seem to be registered for the sole purpose of adding what appear to be malicious sites on their profile which are then echoed in the "Activity" section each time they change/add them. I believe this kind of stuff should be removed from the "Activity" section, it's basically just spam and risky for whoever clicks those URLs. I wish the "Activity" section would report useful stuff like "Latest threads created by Agile employees" which may be of interest for visitors, or stuff like that.
Thanks!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for mentioning this, @wifisyncer. I think the whole Activity page is essentially spam and never look at it. At best it's just listing when new users sign up or when people change their profile photos. At worst, it's spam links. There really isn't anything useful in there. Unless someone is actually posting spam in the forum itself, it's probably best to simply ignore that page.

I'll mention your feature request about a more useful Activity page to the Vanilla forum folks. :)

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.