German keyboard shortcut

Thomas_U
Thomas_U
Community Member
edited April 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

regarding blog-post "shortcuts" (April 29, 2013):

http://blog.agilebits.com/2013/04/29/1password-keyboard-shortcuts-mac-pc-power-users/

This shortcut involving a backslash does not work on a german keyboard. The german key-combo for backslash is option-shift-7. Adding "Command" to it results in nothing.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@Thomas, you raise a good point. The shortcuts listed in the blog post are for English keyboards, but the shortcuts are localized for other keyboards. The default shortcut for "Fill and Submit Login" on a German keyboard is ⌘# but you can customize it in 1Password's preferences to suit yourself. :)

• Blu Zebra
    Blu Zebra
    Community Member

I just came here to raise the same issue.

I had to search a long time to find the shortcut setting finally in the 1pw app (and not in the prefs of the Safari extension!), under "Logins" (which is not the right place for it either). Very confusing.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for any confusion. The bottom of the section in the User Guide for keyboard shortcuts shows where to find it:

The “Fill Login” and “Show Extension Popup” keyboard shortcuts can be customized in the main 1Password application (Preferences > Logins in 3.8 or Preferences > Extensions in 3.9).

• floridiculous
    floridiculous
    Community Member

I should have looked into your forum earlier, I’ve been wondering about how to solve the problem with my german keyboard for quite a while :)

Now, since your new 4.0 browser extensions have this beautiful welcome screen (showing weather a connection to the vault has been established etc.) … how about you promote the localized shortcut there? If there is one protip new users should get to know—shouldn't it be the shortcut?!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Not a bad idea, @floridiculous. I'll mention it to the developers.

This discussion has been closed.