Wallet with "Display in web browser(s)" disabled still visible in Firefox

poyntesm
poyntesm
Community Member
edited August 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi all,

I have added a credit card as a wallet item. However I have marked it as not in scope of web browsers. i.e the scope Display in web browser(s) is not ticked. However the item still appears in the web broswer extension. 1.0.9.332 is the 1Password version and version of the browser is FF 23 and extension is 3.9.19

Is this a bug?

Regards,
Esmond

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi Esmond,

Sorry that you're having some trouble. I can't seem to reproduce this. What happens if you create a new Credit Card item? Does the issue persist for you in the new item?

Please let me know. Thanks!

• poyntesm
    poyntesm
    Community Member

Hi,

Yes, I have created a new credit card item and same happens there.

Esmond

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Does it happen in any other browser? I'm particularly interested in the behavior in Chrome. I keep trying to reproduce this but can't seem to, so any additional details you can provide may help us narrow it down and resolve it.

Thanks!

• poyntesm
    poyntesm
    Community Member

Hi,

Good idea. I use FF 99% of the time, I have just installed Chrome and the 1P extension. Chrome is v28.0.1500.95m and addon is 3.9.19.90 and in Chrome I do not see the issue, it works as expected in Chrome.Also I tried IE (yuck) and yes it works in IE too v8 here due to work so seems to be a FF only issue

Esmond

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Haha! Thanks for slumming it in IE. We'll keep trying to reproduce this on our end. There is another fix that we need to push for the extension in Firefox, so, while I don't really think it is related, I'm curious if the forthcoming update to the Firefox extension helps at all.

I wish I could reproduce this, so I didn't have to ask this of you...but if at all possible could you test in Firefox 22? Does it happen in Firefox 22?

• poyntesm
    poyntesm
    Community Member

Hi,

So I have installed FF 22.0 and I can confirm I see the issue with it also. Its not super critical more of an annoyance. So if it takes a little bit of time to track down that is fine and I am happy to repeat any tests you need.

Esmond

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm going to get some more eyeballs on this and see if anyone else can reproduce it. Thanks for your patience. It is greatly appreciated. :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm not sure if it was a restart of 1Password, Firefox, or something else. But I am able to reproduce this problem now. I also received some assistance from the wonderful Kelly here. I've filed this for resolution in an update. Thanks for hanging in there, @poyntesm!

PFW-4

• poyntesm
    poyntesm
    Community Member

Good to hear you can reproduce. PFW-4 ?? that 1Password for Windows 4 reference? I bought 1P after 1st Jan 2013 so looking forward to that upgrade at some point in the future.

Separate question if I am allowed, is there any referral scheme for 1P ? Recently got good few friends to switch.. as we all know friends do not let friends reuse passwords :) If no scheme active today maybe something for the future

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

PFW-4 is just an internal reference code for us for this issue. :)

is there any referral scheme for 1P ?

Yep, and we really appreciate you spreading the word. Thanks!

• poyntesm
    poyntesm
    Community Member

Hi @khad, I guess you would have posted any news here but just checking in, in-case there was an update.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Not at this time. Sorry.

This discussion has been closed.