1.0.9.333 Update fails to install on 64 bit Win 7

I get an Unsupported 16-Bit Application error after the autodownload of 1.0.9.333 update tries to run.

|\??\c:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\1Password-1.0.9.333.exe" cannot start or run due to an incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available.

Happens on two different computers for me.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

Our executables are 32-bits, not 16-bits. Sounds like the download was corrupted and Windows doesn't recognise it as a valid application. Can you please re-download our latest version here? https://agilebits.com/onepassword/win/release_notes

• jdbarney
    jdbarney
    Community Member

Exact same exact error message here. I was running 1.0.9.332 and doing the incremental update to 1.0.9.333. My machine is Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit). I downloaded the full installer instead. That worked, but it did tell me that a reboot was required after the update (which is something I have never seen before on any other 1Password update). Release notes indicate that a change was made in the way automatic updates are processed (HTTPS). I'm thinking this is a real bug that needs to be investigated / QC checked by your developers.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

I downloaded the full installer instead. That worked

Great!

but it did tell me that a reboot was required after the update (which is something I have never seen before on any other 1Password update)

Correct. The automatic updater does not require a reboot. The stand-alone installer does.

Release notes indicate that a change was made in the way automatic updates are processed (HTTPS). I'm thinking this is a real bug

I doubt it because #332 does not include the new auto-update behaviour. #333 does.

that needs to be investigated / QC checked by your developers.

I'm going to keep an eye on it. Thanks!

• jdbarney
    jdbarney
    Community Member

Thought it was worth noting that I did not experience the problem on my home machine (which is Win7 Professional 64-bit). Hoping MacGuruTX might chime back in and let us know which 64-bit edition of Windows he was using on his two machines.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

FWIW, I did not have any problems myself with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Just adding another data point.

• MacGuruTX
    MacGuruTX
    Community Member

Sorry, I was thinking I would get email updates on posts, and was travelling.

Yes, My work desktop machine that was failing was also on Enterprise x64. However my work laptop, which was also failing, had professional on it.

I tried the update after notification again today, and it download and executed correctly on both machines. Someone sneak an installer fix in? (I work for a software dev shop and we've occasionally seen someone screw up a dll on our compiler machine).

But the problem appears to have definitely resolved.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

But the problem appears to have definitely resolved.

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

Someone sneak an installer fix in?

If there was a fix it would have been released as a new build number so we could confirm that the fix worked.

I'm just glad things are working well for you. Please do keep us posted if you have any more trouble.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.