Setup instructions

2»

Comments

• MikeT
    edited December 1969
    @jgallen23 and gtcaz, restart the browser if the extension was updated while Chrome was running. I had the same issue but reading the logs say it needs to be restarted. I did that and it was fixed.

@AWS, can you tweet whenever there's an update to this extension. Thanks.
  • jgallen23
    edited December 1969
    @MikhailT, I've restarted multiple times and I still get that message. I'm running Chromium 4.0.303, 1Password Extension (0.6) and 1Password 3.0.3 (build 30475)
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    jgallen23 wrote:
    @MikhailT, I've restarted multiple times and I still get that message. I'm running Chromium 4.0.303, 1Password Extension (0.6) and 1Password 3.0.3 (build 30475)

I guess that you never had 1Password 3.0.3.BETA-8 installed. I will make a new version of the Chrome extension to work with 3.0.4 release.
  • roustem
    edited January 2010
    MikhailT wrote:
    @AWS, can you tweet whenever there's an update to this extension. Thanks.

I'd love to keep it quiet for a few more days, until we get the most important features implemented. It will be tough to support too many users at this point.
  • MikeT
    edited December 1969
    Ok, the chrome extension isn't triggering the unlock consistently, if it doesn't trigger it, nothing will show up except for Available Logins. When it does trigger it, it works fine. I think that might be the primary issue with the others as well.
  • rikman
    edited December 1969
    dteare wrote:
    I cannot reproduce this in Chromium (4.0.302.0 (36481)) nor in Chrome (4.0.295.0 dev). Can you verify you are using the latest version?

Same Bug here with most recent Chromium Build (4.0.303.0 (36605)).

It seems that there is an relation between occurence of this bug and number of stored logins for a site. But there are exceptions … for one site i have some 20 logins and 1PW works, for another site there are 5 logins and the 1PW popup starts dancing.
  • gordon142
    gordon142
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    ski22 wrote:
    Just in case you don't know about this issue, I'm having an issue if the base webpage address has multiple possible available logins. If the webpage have two possible logins, it works fine, and it lets me select the login to use. But on a webpage that has 4 possible logins, the 1password available logins popup box constantly shakes, shrinks & expands when it trys to show the available logins to select. Which makes it almost impossible to click on the login I want to use.

I'm having this exact issue, and it has made this extension fully unusable for me. Chrome 4.0.95.0, Snow Leopard, 1Password extension 0.0.5.
  • daveonkels
    daveonkels
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Hey guys, I've run across a couple of sites that don't fill using the new Chrome extension. Most recently, the issue occurred with Authorize.net...here's the address:

https://account.authorize.net/

No reply necessary unless I can fix it on my own. Just wanted you to be aware.

Dave
  • noelbernie
    noelbernie
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I faced the same problem, with other extensions (from google or others), so i don't think that it's a 1P bug.

This video will illustrate the scrolling problem (0.0.7)
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12296/1P_chrome_0.0.7_scrolling_bug.mov
  • jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Is this something that works in Safari but not in Chrome? Chrome uses Javascript to handle the form filling and it's entirely likely that we have some work to do on that algorithm. :)
  • WALoeIII
    edited December 1969
    Is there a release beyond 0.0.5 (linked at the beginning of this thread)? I am attempting to get something to work against 1P 3.0.4 on Chrome 4.0.295 dev.
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    WALoeIII wrote:
    Is there a release beyond 0.0.5 (linked at the beginning of this thread)? I am attempting to get something to work against 1P 3.0.4 on Chrome 4.0.295 dev.

Try to open this URL in Chrome and the click "Update extensions now" button:

chrome://extensions/
  • sriggins
    sriggins
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Yes, 0.0.7 is the latest.

You have to be running the beta of 1Password, then choose Window->Extensions in Chrome, then click Developer mode, then click update extensions now.

I also found it helps to restart Chrome afterwards.
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    MikhailT wrote:
    Ok, the chrome extension isn't triggering the unlock consistently, if it doesn't trigger it, nothing will show up except for Available Logins. When it does trigger it, it works fine. I think that might be the primary issue with the others as well.

Yes, we would have to code that first :)

As Dave said, it is a very early alpha build, running on a developer (not even a beta!) version of Chrome.
  • gtcaz
    gtcaz
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Updated the extension to 0.7 and 1Password 3.0.4 (build 30477) and... It works, yay!
  • sriggins
    sriggins
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    roustem wrote:
    Yes, we would have to code that first :)

As Dave said, it is a very early alpha build, running on a developer (not even a beta!) version of Chrome.

heh no complaints here, very excited to have another browser option! Just reporting stuff to help you out.
  • ski22
    ski22
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    roustem wrote:
    Try to open this URL in Chrome and the click "Update extensions now" button:

chrome://extensions/

This same update page will also come up if you click on the wrench icon on the top right, and then select "Extensions".
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    ski22 wrote:
    This same update page will also come up if you click on the wrench icon on the top right, and then select "Extensions".

Thanks!
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    I am moving Dave's announcement to the new forum and locking this thread.

From now on, please post in the Chrome extension forum.
  • dteare
    edited December 1969
    MikhailT wrote:
    Wow, i didn't know about this until I visited the forum and saw the new title. Why didn't you guys give it a tweet for those of us who are waiting for the chrome support and will alpha/beta test it for you? Can't really get all the bugs if only few people know about it.

We've been cautious because this is a minimum-featured alpha running on a developer (not even beta!) version of Chrome. With that said, enough people have reported success that we decided to blog about this today but there are enough problems being reported that we're still not ready to tell the entire world. Yet. :)
This discussion has been closed.