Under What's New at the Itunes store the following warning is stated

"There is a serious bug in version 4.2.4 that crashes1Password when synching with Dropbox and when using demo mode. I possible, please skip this update and wait for version 4.2.5."

Who releases an update and then says don't download it?

So when will it be fixed ? Should I wait?

It's bad enough the "sale" ended before the Sept 1 date..a real bait and switch...

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2013

For anyone else coming across this thread, the full message is:

IMPORTANT: There is a serious bug in version 4.2.4 that crashes 1Password when syncing with Dropbox and when using Demo mode.

If possible, please skip this update and wait for version 4.2.5.

We are very sorry about this and will get it fixed ASAP!

-- Your AgileBits friends.

We do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Who releases an update and then says don't download it?

Sometimes it happens. There are edge cases that don't get spotted until after an app has been submitted to the App Store. Even with the largest possible beta team there is always the possibility of a bug. I would be skeptical of anyone who claims to ship bug-free software. :)

So when will it be fixed ? Should I wait?

I'm sorry I don't have a time frame. The fix has already been submitted to Apple. It will be available as soon as Apple makes it available.

It's bad enough the "sale" ended before the Sept 1 date…

Unfortunately all sales must end, even for 1Password 4 for iOS. That said, we completely understand why you didn't want to miss this one.

We'd like to help you by reimbursing you $10 USD so you effectively get the sale price. In order to get the ball rolling on that, you'll need to do a few things.

• Purchase 1Password 4 for iOS.
    • Email us your receipt from Apple showing the purchase.
    • Also let us know your Paypal ID (usually the email address used).

Once we have that info, we'll process the reimbursement as soon as possible via PayPal.

• Drewski
    Drewski
    Community Member

OK...that's fair enough...but if Apple doesn't get the new version before 9/1/13...am I out of luck using mu Ipad?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I don't think it will be that long, but in the worst case scenario you will just have a bit of a delay between syncing.

• Drewski
    Drewski
    Community Member

Thanks for the swift reply

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It's my pleasure to help. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with in the meantime. :)

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.