dropbox sync rate limit?

Options
rolfl
rolfl
Community Member

I was getting dropbox sync errors tonight.
Didn't record details but after 1p4 complains and said to turn sync off and on
I saw messages mentioning auth_rate_ limit.
Is drop box limiting the API calls to o only transfer a certain amount of data or request per second?

Is 1p4 recognizing rate error? Should it slow down requests?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

There are limits, but you should never even come close to them in normal usage. Please email us your diagnostics so we can better assist you: Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting > Email Diagnostics

• rolfl
    rolfl
    Community Member
    Options

Sent diags

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! We'll work with you via email until everything is resolved so that we are not duplicating efforts or creating any confusion.

• BetaSteve
    BetaSteve
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having this same issue but only with the iOS iPad application. I am getting App Error 717 / Dropbox Error 583 Ratelimiting OAuth_Access_per_access_Token - App is being rate limited by Dropbox. There is no way within the iOS app to send you diagnostics but I do have a screenshot of the error message if you are interested. I do not get this error on the Mac client. I am syncing 1 MotoX (Android), 1 iPhone (iOS), and 2 iPads (iOS). Please let me know how to proceed. This is a very frustrating error with little to no documentation on your site and it seems all the fixes so far seem to want to be secret/behind the scenes instead of posting something in the open.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BetaSteve,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password right now. This message is sometimes seen during an initial sync, particularly if you have a large database with many attachments, but as @Khad mentions above, this message shouldn't come up in regular use. If you are seeing this during a regular sync (and not the initial sync), please follow Khad's instructions above to create a Diagnostic Report on the iOS device that is reporting the error.

Thanks so much for helping us track this issue down :)

This discussion has been closed.