Unable to view attachments [RESOLVED in 4.2.5]

parekh
parekh
Community Member
edited August 2013 in iOS

Hello,

I'm suddenly unable to view attachments on my iPhone. Whenever I click on any attachment, I just get a blank screen that looks like this screenshot ( http://imgur.com/u4xkbO6.png ). Further, I cannot even download the attachment by clicking the top right button.

I can access the attachment through 1Password on my Mac, as well as through 1Password on my iPad. The problem only occurs on my iPhone. Rebooting the iPhone does not fix the problem.

Thanks very much in advance for your response!

Best,
Parekh

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience, @Parekh. Thanks for reporting this. This will be fixed in the next update.

If we can be of further assistance in the meantime, please let us know. We are always here to help!

OPI-185

• parekh
    parekh
    Community Member

Everything used to work fine (and I was able to open attachments on my iPhone) until two days ago when this problem suddenly came up. Any idea why this suddenly started happening?

Also, please do let me know if you want any further information from me to help you resolve the bug.

• parekh
    parekh
    Community Member

Also, is this a known issue?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2013

The problem was introduced in the 4.2.3 update. (I updated the title of this thread yesterday to reflect that.) It is a known issue and, as I mentioned above, it will be resolved in the next update.

Again, I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for reporting this. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Cheers!

• parekh
    parekh
    Community Member
    edited August 2013

Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

No problem. Thanks for hanging in there. :)

• mculver
    mculver
    Community Member
    edited August 2013

I just noticed that the attachments are not syncing correctly between 1PW4 (latest beta) and the iOS App. I replaced my drivers license PDF (which was entire page) with a cropped version. the 1PW4 shows only the cropped version (which is correct) but the iOS version is showing both attachments. I forced a dropbox sync and it did not correct the double attachment. Not sure if this is an iOS issue or a 1PW4 issue so I thought i would post here.

Also, just a comment, i'm sure you guys would not delete the Dropbox support for iCloud only. I am sure others have pointed out that if you share the 1PW database with multiple family members, to my knowledge this would only work if you share the same iCloud account, which I don't with my family. Just thought it is worth mentioning but you guys probably already know this ;-)

• Hi, @mculver.

What you described is a known issue in 1Password 4 for iOS. We're working to fix it, and will hopefully have it fixed soon.

I'll go ahead and move this to the iOS forum for followup.

Thanks for the report!

• Oh, sorry, forgot to answer the second paragraph. No, Dropbox sync isn't going anywhere anytime soon. It's our only method of cross-platform syncing at the moment. :-)

• davidolrik
    davidolrik
    Community Member

I'm on 4.2.4 and I still see this problem on both iPhone and iPad.

• ununnilium
    ununnilium
    Community Member
    edited August 2013

I'm also having this problem with 4.2.4. I can't do online banking on iOS until you fix this...

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

4.2.4 was a small update and did not include the fix for this. It will be resolved in a future update. Thank you for your patience as we work to restore this.

• sergio_303
    sergio_303
    Community Member
    edited August 2013

Version 4.2.5 is still having the same issue. Can't believe the single most useful feature that made me switch from version 3 of 1Password and buy version 4 has gone without fixing for almost a month and two app updates.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@sergio_303, there are hundreds of new features, but I can understand why this one might be your personal favorite. We're working hard to resolve this and really appreciate your patience.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@sergio_303 et al,

If you are seeing that attachments still do not work in 4.2.5:

1. Please make sure you are syncing somewhere and run a fresh sync using the "Sync Now" button in Settings > Syncing.
    2. Confirm that your data is present in 1Password on another computer or device.
    3. Then delete and reinstall 1Password on your iOS device.

The attachments should work again. We've had 100% success rate on this so far. If you're still having trouble please email us your diagnostics so we can better assist you: Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting > Email Diagnostics. We'd love to get things sorted out for you.

Thanks!

• sgrienen
    sgrienen
    Community Member

Unfortunately not working for me... Attachment still not showing as it should.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sgrienen,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble viewing attachments. Could you tell me a bit more about your situation:

• What versions of 1Password do you currently use? (Please list all computers and devices currently running 1Password, and include the version of your operating systems as well, as this can help!)
    • What are you using to keep your data synced up?

Are you unable to view all attachments, or is this restricted to a particular file type or entry?

Once we know a bit more about the issue, we should be able to track it down and find a solution for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.