Best way to relearn a website login?

1password saved a websites username and password login, but when I try to use 1password to login the website doesn't like it. I see it entering in the correct values, but gives an error at login.

How do I get 1password to try to relearn logging into a website again?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry that you're having this problem. Please try saving a new Login manually like this:

1. Visit the site's login page.
    2. Enter your credentials, but DO NOT submit the form.
    3. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    4. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    5. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Manually saving a new Login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Saving a new Login item allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :)

If you are still having trouble, please try disabling autosubmit for that Login and let me know if that resolves the issue. Since I don't have an account there, I was not able to verify autosubmit for the form.

I hope that helps. Please let me know. If you're still having trouble, please tell me the URL where you are having the problem so I can take a look and better assist you.

Thanks!

• tdiggity
    tdiggity
    Community Member

That worked! Thank you.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If you ever need anything else, you know where to find me.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.