Different master password on different units?

ubbo
ubbo
Community Member

Hi, just upgraded to 1P4. Looks good except I have one question - the master password seems to now be synched between units.

I really want a different master password on my Mac and on iPhone/iPad - is that still possible?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

From the FAQ:

The system we had in 1Password 3 where you can have a master password just for iOS devices while using a different one for your computers is no longer used.

More often than not, it has confused many of our customers, and with a unified experience, it will be easier on everyone using 1Password everywhere.

If you have 1Password on your computers, 1Password 4 will use the master password of that 1Password app on the computer and that’ll be the same master password everywhere. Note that if you change your master password in 1Password 4 for iOS, it’ll sync the change to your computers as well as other iOS devices.

If you find it necessary to change your Master Password to something a little easier to type, we have an article that may help you find a great balance between memorable, convenient, and secure.

Also, we do have a Quick Unlock Code feature to make it easier to use a 4-digit code after you initially unlock with your master password.

This discussion has been closed.