Wordpress logins

Hi,
I'm new user of 1Password.

For my Wordpress sites I have multiple login accounts, usually one superuser and one subscriber. I want to use 1Password to login to each of my accounts on a Wordpress site. Seems simple enuff, but what am I missing?

My first WP account login works fine. The second one skips the username on the login form and enters the password. With a blank username the login naturally fails.

This login fails the same way on all the browsers I try it on: IE 10, Chrome, Safari and Firefox.

I edit each one of the 1P logins in the Windows user tool and see that both login entries have a valid "user_login" value.

Maybe I will delete the second one and try recreating. BTW, I created the 1P login by just going to the dahsboard login form and entering the poreper info.

Regards,
Larry

Comments

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member

Hi,

So I did a bit more experimenting.

When I edit the user in WP and insert the newly generated password and create the 1P login the login is bad. This time it tried to insert a phone number in as the user name rather than leave it blank.

When I create the 1P login using the WP login form and the generated PW it works just fine.

Regards,
    Larry

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry that you're having this problem. Please try saving a new Login manually like this:

1. Visit the site's login page.
    2. Enter your credentials, but DO NOT submit the form.
    3. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    4. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    5. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Using the above technique I was able to save and fill a sample login at:

https://en.wordpress.com/wp-login.php

Manually saving a new Login in the browser like that can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Saving a new Login item allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. This is why we always recommend saving Logins in the browser. :)

I hope that helps. Please let me know the URL if you're still having trouble.

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member

Hi,

I realize it is a two stage process, but when update the PW in wordpress it 1P asks me if I want to save... I have to tell it NO.
    When I autofill the pw to change it, does if get put into my clipboard? I'm afraid I will loss it.

Larry

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Just follow the instructions for changing a password in the User Guide. 1Password saves the passwords it generates when you click the "Fill" button, so you will not lose it.

This discussion has been closed.