Some items not showing up in 1Password

RedFoxy
RedFoxy
Community Member
edited August 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I'm a really old user of 1Password, I use it from first version and always I loved it and suggested it to my friends, I've installed lastes version on my Mac, I got it on MAS but I converted it to a standard one for some issues (i need to keep my dropbox directory on an external raid 5), I use it with Dropbox account and all it's ok, until some months ago when the security notes disappears from the 1Password software, I tried to rebuild the database and they come back, after some times the secure note disappears again, I tried to rebuild database but nothing, I was forced to restore a backup, after that there was no troubles about 1Password... Until now!

I use 1Passowrd by web browser when I need some note, password or other and I'm not at home, I've iphone and ipad too but the web interface by Dropbox it's usefull for some works...
About 2 weeks ago I travel to germany, than I'm without my iMac and I don't need to use it, my iMac is turned off and NO ONE use it when I'm not at home, today I need some secure notes, some infos about a software and a WiFi Password stored in account tab, but in that 3 tabs there is NOTHING! they are empty! And I'm really angry about that!

Please FIX that trouble, I can't loose my information using 1Password!

King regars

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RedFoxy,

First of all, thanks so much for your kind words and longtime support. We genuinely appreciate both!

I'm sorry that you are having some trouble, but we'd love to get to get everything resolved for you quickly.

Does it help if you clear the cache in 1Password for Mac? Select Help > Troubleshooting > Clear Cache from the menu bar.

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Bemmu Sepponen
    Bemmu Sepponen
    Community Member

I have the same problem, had secure notes which no longer appear. Also search does not find them and they are not in trash. Clearing cache did not help.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Have you emailed us a Diagnostics Report, Bemmu? We'll be able to help you once we see your report. We'll work with you via email until everything is resolved so that we are not duplicating efforts or creating any confusion.

• RedFoxy
    RedFoxy
    Community Member

I can't send it or make it, I'm in Germany and my Mac is in Italy! And no, the cache don't solve it, already tried when I got that trouble... If that can help, same trouble happen to a my friend and his secure notes disappears

• RedFoxy
    RedFoxy
    Community Member

Btw, i sent to you Every error report when I got it, but I haven't trouble in normal use, no crash or other, and I fresh installed again my iMac less than a month ago

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@RedFoxy, I'm not sure I understand. How are you viewing your 1Password data if your Mac is in another country than you are? Are you using the iOS app? The 1PasswordAnywhere web interface? 1Password on a different Mac?

• RedFoxy
    RedFoxy
    Community Member

By website in dropbox

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Ah, so you mean the 1PasswordAnywhere web interface then. I'm not sure that we will be able to help until you are able to access your Mac. You Mac contains the ability to clear the cache and restore from a backup (if necessary). I'm sorry I don't have a better answer right now, but please email us a Diagnostics Report as soon as you are back at your Mac so we can help immediately.

• RedFoxy
    RedFoxy
    Community Member

When i got that trouble, Before the last one, i tried re build and clean cache of 1password software Before i was forced to restore a backup, btw I'll send you a report when I go back to home, now I must be careful to don't sync my iPad with Dropbox

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Please do email us a Diagnostics Report as soon as you can. We would love to resolve this once and for all for you.

This discussion has been closed.