Feature Request: Logins without requiring Master Password

aharriso
aharriso
Community Member
edited August 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Can you have unsecured logins that do not require your master password to invoke?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Everything in 1Password is protected by your Master Password. That's sort of the point of the app. :)

However…

If you want to leave 1Password unlocked while you are using your computer, you can adjust your autolock settings.

• If you disable 1Password's auto-lock settings 1Password will stay unlocked all day long. You will only need to type your master password after a fresh login to your OS X account.

• If you use a laptop, enabling only the "Lock when sleeping" option means that 1Password will stay unlocked until you close the lid on your MacBook. A convenient way to stay secure on the go! This is how I have 1Password configured on my own machine. I never type my Master Password except once per session, and I use my computer all day long. :)

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Cheers!

• aharriso
    aharriso
    Community Member

Yes, thanks. I understand the security aspect of the app :-).
    In my previous PW management sw, there was a feature where you could leave certain logins unsecured and take advantage of the one step login process. I was wondering if there was something similar in this package. I can leverage the autolock settings to accomplish what I want for now.
    Appreciate the response.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'll certainly pass your vote for this along to the developers. I hope adjusting the auto-lock settings helps for now. :)

This discussion has been closed.