Community Member
    Options
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2013
    Options

In 1Password 4 for iOS (the current version) the Master Password is used to encrypt everything. The Quick Unlock Code is only used for app access (if you enable it). The Quick Unlock Code is never used to encrypt any of the data. This is in contrast to 1Password 3 for iOS which actually did use the 4-digit Unlock Code to encrypt the items with "Master Password Protection" set to "OFF". It sounds like you may have already read it, but I wrote a bit more about this in my post earlier in this thread.

Additionally, the lock screen in 1Password 4 for iOS reverts to prompting for the Master Password after just one single failed attempt to prevent a brute force attack on your Quick Unlock Code.

Of course, you can always just leave the Quick Unlock Code disabled if you prefer.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. It is good that you are thinking about these things. :)

• codinghack
    codinghack
    Community Member
    edited August 2013
    Options

Too repeat my concern was that I have two types of data. One type of data I worry less about if someone steals my password, for instance to a free gaming site and one that I that I worry a lot more about, for instance a bank account. What I disliked about the new change is that I have no way to differentiate the two and thus my overall security is weakened. I unlocked the whole file w/ my super long password in public for a item that is merely a nuisance. There is risk to that, why should my sensitive data have take on that risk? And/or I shorten my password to make it easier to enter in the first type of data, thus reducing my overall security.

If you don't want to bring back the low security setting, could you allow 1password to open up two data files (better yet multiple files) that have each have a different password?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your continued feedback on this, @codinghack. I've passed this along to the developers as well. Please let me know if there is anything else you would like me to pass along to them.

• codinghack
    codinghack
    Community Member
    Options

What is the chance that either one of these gets implemented?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I don't know of any current plans to change the way 1Password 4 for iOS locks and unlocks, but we always remain agile. For example, Wi-Fi syncing was not included in the initial release, but it is now being implemented due to popular demand.

• codinghack
    codinghack
    Community Member
    Options

What about opening multiple files?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

What about opening multiple files?

I've passed your vote along, but I can't discuss future plans.

This discussion has been closed.