[Request] Landscape unlocking on iOS version of 1P4

Options
ssppooff
ssppooff
Community Member

Hi,

It would be great if one could enter the master password in landscape mode as well.
This would be especially helpful with very long passwords!!

Keep up the great work!

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, ssppooff. Which version (is it beta?) and device(s) are you using? 1Password iOS 4.2.6 (non-beta) supports landscape/portrait rotation, including at the unlock screen, on my iPad 2. Currently no iPhone to test on. :(

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

No landscape for password entry on the iPhone. But that's fine with me. As you say, landscape is available on the iPad, which is good.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @hawkmoth. That was my hunch but I prefer asking to assuming. :)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Oops - for the sake of completeness for anyone following later - there is no landscape at all for the iPhone for any function.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

… which is really a non-issue for this beta subforum.

• ssppooff
    ssppooff
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the late response, forgot to enable email notifications.

I just tried it with version 4.3b7 on the iPhone. Unfortunately I hove no adequate iPad to test it on.

I use a fairly long password, so it would be nice to be able to type in landscape orientation.

• Hi @ssppooff,

The app itself is a portrait-locked app, there's no UI at all for the landscape mode, so you can't unlock it in landscape for the initial unlock. We understand what you mean, the landscape is much easier to type with. We'll see what we can do in the future.

@hawkmoth, that's inaccurate. You can use the 1Browser in landscape, but other than that, you can't use the app in landscape.

• Also, since this isn't related to the Mac betas, I'm moving this to the regular 1Password 4 for iOS sub forum.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I was thinking only about the password manager itself, not the built-in browser. Sorry about that.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No worries. :)

Perhaps this will change in the future. We appreciate the feedback on the matter.

This discussion has been closed.