Feature Request: Background App Refresh in iOS 7

face
face
Community Member
edited September 2013 in iOS

Just wonder if the last official release support the new background fetch feature introduced by iOS 7.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Not that I know of, but we haven't yet released the big iOS 7 update for 1Password 4. Please stay tuned. :)

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

@face what's use case for background fetch? Dropbox or iCloud sync ?

• face
    face
    Community Member
    edited September 2013

actually i use the new background fetch with Pocket Informant and sync all my data in background (also with toodledo).
    1password not has that feature implemented.
    After implemented i'm sure it will can sync both for Dropbox and iCloud.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I've changed this to a feature request and will pass it along to the developers as such. Thanks for letting us know you're interested in this. :)

One thing to keep in mind is that iCloud syncing is already handled in the background by iOS, so if you are syncing via iCloud (this includes syncing via iCloud and Dropbox) then you're already getting updates in the background.

• face
    face
    Community Member

khad: Great, thanks !
    I'm a bit confused about iCloud syncing. Why if it's running in background we have a last sync at ... message ? it shouldn't be always in sync, as you said ?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

From the page I just linked to in the User Guide:

All 1Password is doing is reading and writing your changes in the mentioned local Documents folder on the local device’s storage.

With this in mind, it may be normal that sometimes, your items might not arrive in the usual timeframe regardless of what the sync progress shows. While 1Password may shows that it is finished syncing, the sync itself is handled by iOS only.

The last synced time is the last time 1Password did that.

This discussion has been closed.