Temporary iCloud hiccup due to everyone upgrading to iOS 7 at once

Options
hawkmoth
hawkmoth
Community Member
edited September 2013 in iOS

On my iPad the animation for syncing never stops spinning and changes made on the iPad aren't being reflected on my iPhone or on the 4.0 beta on my Mac, My iPhone reports that the last time it synced to iCloud was 9 hours ago, and tapping Sync Now produces no results.

When I tried switching everything back to Dropbox syncing, on my iOS devices I could not shut off iCloud syncing. The switch shifts to the Off position, but when I returned to the Sync setting, iCloud is back on. I reset my iDevices and then was able to shut down iCloud syncing. It appears that Dropbox syncing is working OK.

Comments

• Fred_Stiller
    Fred_Stiller
    Community Member
    edited September 2013
    Options

Edit: Ignore this, sorry. I thought I had this same problem but now it all seems fine.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I stopped iCloud syncing altogether and deleted the data from iCloud. I then added iCloud syncing back to my iDevices, ad that seems to have fixed whatever my problem was. So far as I can tell, all is good now.

Sorry for a possible false alarm.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for following up to let us know that everything is working well. That is always good news. I think the servers were just working overtime due to everyone and their brother downloading iOS 7 and updating "All of the Apps". :)

This discussion has been closed.