How To: Export to a CSV file

lwmcmahon
lwmcmahon
Community Member
edited September 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi, is there a way to export to a CSV file for use in excel? I'm thinking of putting this on a storage device that I could put in my Bank lockbox.
Larry

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

File > Export > Comma-Delimited Text

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2013

@lwmcmahon,

Keep in mind that an encrypted copy of your data (i.e. 1Password.agilekeychain) contains a built-in web app for use with any modern browser. You can just put a copy of your 1Password.agilekeychain there instead of unencrypted data. You would just need to make sure that whoever accessed it in the future (if it would not be you) would know the Master Password and how to access 1PasswordAnywhere.

Just an idea. I always get nervous at the thought of putting all that data unencrypted in a safe deposit box. :)

See also:

1Password Emergency Kit

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member

Hi,

Good information. I should have figured the Export thing myself, my bad. This is a work in progress for me, but I was planning to encrypt the CSV file on the flash drive. I suppose this would add some additional protection, but the paperwork will need to list the passwords. The CSV might be handy for someone w/o 1P user knowledge. Tho that training is part of the plan, people forget what they don't use.

Larry.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2013

Indeed. It is wise to have things in place like this. It is great that you are thinking about these things.

This discussion has been closed.