"download thumb" hangs 1password

midgetuk
midgetuk
Community Member
edited September 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

Is there a place for submitting bugs? If not, here it is!

Steps to reproduce:

1. Unlock 1password
  2. Edit a Login (I used Twitter. Location: "https://twitter.com/login?redirect_after_login=https://twitter.com")
  3. Observe Thumbnail is blank. "delete thumb" is greyed out.
  4. Click "download thumb"
  5. Wait about 10-15 seconds while it's trying to fetch.
  6. Click "Cancel"
  7. Observe hang.

I had to use Task Manager to kill 1password.exe.

Thanks!

Tim

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2013

Thanks for reporting this, @midgetuk. I can't seem to reproduce this. I just performed those steps and it worked instantly for me with no hang. It sounds like a possible network issue in your case. Are you behind a proxy server perhaps? Are you able to check for updates in 1Password without any trouble (Help > Check for New Version)? Can you confirm for me what version of 1Password you are using?

• midgetuk
    midgetuk
    Community Member
    edited September 2013

Hi Khad,

Thanks for the response. Here's your answers:

1) Q: "Are you behind a proxy server perhaps?". A: No.

2) Q: "Are you able to check for updates in 1Password without any trouble?" A: Yep! It says "You are running the latest version of 1Password. Thank you for staying up-to-date!".

3) "Can you confirm for me what version of 1Password you are using?" A: The version is 1.0.9.333

I've just tried again this morning, and the symptoms persist :( I've given the "Downloading thumb. Please wait..." dialog over a minute, then cancelled, and now it's hung at "Cancelling... Please wait...".

Whether my network is bad or not (it isn't, we have over 35 people using it simultaneously without issue), the UI certainly should not freeze on attempting to cancel the operation.

Good luck!

Tim

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @midgetuk,

Thanks for getting back to us with those answers! We're still having a bit of trouble reproducing this issue on our end. Are you seeing this problem with all login entries or are there only specific logins that are giving you grief? If there are specific logins, please send those along to us so we can run some further tests.

This discussion has been closed.