IOS app Dropbox sync error - App Error Code 717 (possibly more)

Options
Superfandominatrix
Superfandominatrix
Community Member

My phone's particulars:
iPhone 5
Version 6.1.4 (10B350)
Model MD296LL/A

IOS 1Password particulars:
1Password - Password Manager and Secure Wallet
Version 4.2.7

What I did that's farking up the works:
I have a Macbook with 1Password software, a Wintel PC without 1Password software, and my iPhone with an IOS app, all three devices sync to the same DropBox account. I went on holiday with the Wintel PC and my iPhone, only to find my Mom's computer a mess. I needed to back up her data to my DropBox account (her account didn't have enough space) and rebuild her machine. So from the Wintel laptop I moved all my DropBox data (this included the 1Password keychain file) to a non-DropBox folder on my Wintel machine. Once Mom's rebuild was done, I deleted all her junk from my Dropbox account and moved my data (including the 1Password keychain file) back. All hoping that the 1Password syncing process wouldn't be broken by this...

What's the overall status now:

• Wintel PC - accessing from \1Password.agilekeychain\1Password.html (PASS)
  • Macbook - App launches and data looks okay (PASS)
  • iPhone - Syncing error as follows (FAIL):

Failed to download file from Dropbox
App Error Code: 717
Dropbox Error Code: -1001
The operation couldn't be completed.
(NSURLErrorDomain error -1001.)
Followed by destination path

There are 4 such error reports each with different path referenced.

How do I fix this?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Superfandominatrix!

So nice of you to help your mom fix her computer ... I'll do my best to help you get sorted out too :)

Lets try reseting a special file that tells the iOS app where to find your Dropbox data:

1. Open 1Password on all your iOS devices
    2. Go to Settings > Sync and turn Dropbox syncing 'Off'
    3. Quit the 1Password application on the computer
    4. Log into your account on the Dropbox website (www.dropbox.com)
    5. There you should see a file called .ws.agile.1password.settings, please delete this file (if it exists).
    6. Open 1Password again on your computer and unlock it - this should generate the .ws.agile.1Password.settings file again.
    7. Finally, open 1Password on your iOS devices, go to Settings > Sync and turn Dropbox syncing back 'On'

Please let me know if this fixes things!

• Superfandominatrix
    Options

Okay, I've tried this recovery procedure twice and I'm still getting an error message. This time the error code changed slightly:

Failed to download file from Dropbox
    / App Error Code: 717 / Dropbox Error Code: -1005 / The operation couldn't be completed. / (NSURLErrorDomain error -1005.) Followed by destination path

First change, Dropbox error code changed from -1001 to -1005. Now, there are only two pathway errors, instead of four.

• Superfandominatrix
    Options

Ok, after a bit more time, I'm seeing another 2 pathway errors for a total of 4. Two errors are -1001 errors, two errors are -1005 errors. Here are screen prints of the four errors:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jlj9rofoani6lq8/photo.PNG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ot5nf10ymf7kbku/photo-1.PNG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/366kxiwm5h4hs0o/photo-2.PNG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9xtfnp4izj65lf/photo-3.PNG

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ Superfandominatrix,

I'm sorry to hear that's not working for you! Let's try restarting Dropbox sync across all of your computers and devices:

1. Run a backup of your data on your Mac, just in case: File > Backup
    2. Turn off Dropbox sync on all your iOS devices
    3. Turn off Dropbox sync on your Mac
    4. Quit 1Password on your Mac
    5. Open 1Password on your Mac and reenable Dropbox
    6. Enable Dropbox syncing on your iOS devices.

If you're still having trouble after this, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Superfandominatrix
    Options

Thanks for your prompt responses. This last suggestion also didn't fix the problem, so I've run the report and emailed as requested. Thanks again.... 1Password's support is always so responsive and top-notch.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Superfandominatrix,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having issues! Our support team will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

(Thanks also for the kind words - you're making us blush!)

• Superfandominatrix
    Options

I found a solution for this today... This morning I upgraded to IOS7 and the syncing errors no longer happened. I suspect there might be an error with the IOS7 compliant version of 1Password on an IOS6 device, or perhaps there was an error in my set up with what I had done by moving data around, that was resolved by the IOS7 upgrade.

Thanks for everything.

I will be deleting the pics referenced above unless you want to see them for further analysis on your end. I can email if requested.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Superfandominatrix,

I'm so glad to hear that things are working for you again! Deleting the images is just fine. If you have any further issues, you know where to find us! :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2013
    Options

Great news! Thanks for letting us know that everything is working well. :)

If you have any further trouble at all, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Enjoy your weekend!

This discussion has been closed.