Uninstalling 1P3

Okay, I see here -- http://support.agilebits.com/kb/1password-39-for-mac-from-mac-app-store/how-to-uninstall-1password -- that to uninstall 1P3 (since I've been using 1P4) I should go into Preferences-Extensions-Keep-Keep Helper Running ... but I don't see "Extensions" under my preferences (not in 1P3 or 1P4). Am I following the correct instructions?

Thanks.

Comments

• mobius32x
    mobius32x
    Community Member

My 1P3 is 3.8.21 -- so should I use the uninstaller (http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/uninstall.html) I assume this would only uninstall 1P3 and not 4 ....

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mobius32x,

Looks like you've got it all figured out! Because 1Password 3 comes in 2 flavours (the Mac App Store version 3.9 and version 3.8 from our website) they do require slightly different uninstallation procedures. The uninstaller you mentioned in your second post should get rid of your version, without complicating things with 1Password 4.

(ps - I love your colourful avatar! Makes me all kinds of happy.)

• mobius32x
    mobius32x
    Community Member

Thanks, Megan :-)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Megan, you are quite welcome! :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• mobius32x
    mobius32x
    Community Member

Okay, I followed these instructions but i now see that 1P4 is in my trash -- version 4.0.1b1. But I'm using version 4.0.1b2 and it's working, but I'm nervous about emptying my trash -- should I? I would have thought that the uninstaller would only remove version 3.x ....

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @mobius32x. Sounds like you're seeing 4.0.1b1 in Trash because it was copied there during the builtin update to 4.0.1b2. I wouldn't be nervous about emptying Trash unless there's any personal data there that shouldn't be. Even if the 1P app was accidentally deleted it could be manually downloaded/installed; your 1P data would still be safe and usable again.

• mobius32x
    mobius32x
    Community Member

Okay, thanks, sjk.

This discussion has been closed.