Drag and drop apps doesn't work in v4

Options
eeuntee
eeuntee
Community Member

Hi. I used to be able to drag an app into the 1password software 'window' and it would add the app together with the app icon. I can't now do this since upgrading to v4 and it seems I can only add software manually which gives every entry a 'stock' icon/badge. Is this correct or am I missing something?

Ta.

Comments

• steve28236
    steve28236
    Community Member
    Options

I'm interested in this feature too. Specifically able to drag and drop icons into the Software Licenses section.

• eeuntee
    eeuntee
    Community Member
    Options

I see this is a known issue.... should have read that first!

• steve28236
    steve28236
    Community Member
    Options

Is it? I did read the known issues before posting and didn't see a specific mention.

There is: If you edit an item in 1Password 3 that was created in 1Password 4, syncing back to 1Password 4 will lose the item's favorite status and its custom icon and If using iCloud to sync your data, 1Password will show up as onepassword without an icon within iCloud's Manage Storage window.

My interpretation of these two issues is that they don't relate to what we're talking about. Unless I'm reading it wrong.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @steve23094 and @eeuntee,

Unfortunately, the drag and drop software feature is currently unavailable in 1Password 4 for Mac. You can read up on all the known issues here, but there is a lot of information in there, so I've included the relevant portion below:

"Currently unable to automatically create Software Licenses by dragging and dropping apps into 1Password."

We're hoping to get the feature working for you soon! Thanks for your patience :)

This discussion has been closed.