Updated to 4 on Mac, now Windows Chrome totally hosed

Following all of the instructions I upgraded to 4 on my Mac, and installed the Chrome extension. I think it's working ok, but it's only been 10 minutes.

The real problem began when I started Chrome on my PC. It of course has the updated 1p extension now, and it reports that I don't have 1p installed. I checked for an updated Windows version, it appears I'm at the latest version. Also, just a note, none of the buttons on this page http://take.ms/Ms5j89 do anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ps. I posted this here b/c it was upgrading to Mac4 that caused the issue.

Comments

• Hi @hhubris,

I assume you're using Chrome sync? If yes, you'll need to disable the extension sync for now, disable 1Password 4 extension on Windows and reinstall the 1Password 3 extension on Windows. The 1Password 4 extension requires 1Password 4 for Windows (which is in heavy development as we speak).

• I think I'm just going to live without the extension working in Chrome for a while. I can copy/paste out of the app, as long as that still works.

Just to be clear, I didn't intend to upgrade to v4 this am. I didn't even know it was out. I had a Mac update waiting for me, and I hit update all before I went to fill my coffee cup.

Thank you for the reply.

• Hi @hhubris,

You're welcome. We wanted the 1Password 4 to be an easy update in the Mac App Store but yea, it does affect the Windows version unintentionally if the Chrome extension sync was enabled.

If you change our mind, please let us know and we'd love to help you fix this.

This discussion has been closed.