Importing Data--Want my money back

Options
Stephan Moran
Stephan Moran
Community Member

I trialled 1Password 3 because SplashID's latest upgrade was a complete disaster. 1Password 3 had an import wizard and I was able to transfer my data. I didn't buy 1Password 3 because of the price. With 1Password 4 on sale I purchased it. In version 4, THERE IS NO ABILITY TO IMPORT DATA FROM ANY OTHER SOFTWARE OR CSV!!! Complete waste of money until you change the software. Or provide a link to "free" version 3 so I can import my data and then upgrade to 4.

Comments

• Hi @Stephan,

Import/Export are being worked on and will be fully implemented in a future update to 1Password 4.

You said you were able to transfer the data in 1Password 3, did you also delete the data file when you finished the trial? If not, you should be able to double-click on that 1Password.agilekeychain data file and 1Password 4 will open it for you. Can you search and see if that file is on your drive?

• Stephan Moran
    Stephan Moran
    Community Member
    Options

I uninstalled version 3 with CleanMyMac for security so unfortunately the file is gone. I have a feeling you will get a lot of disappointed converts like me until the import function is fixed. Downgrading to 3 and then upgrading to 4 is solution, if there is a way to get Version 3 in a trial version. I would recommend you put a banner on the App Store stating importing not supported yet. SplashID's latest upgrade was a complete disaster and I am sure there are a lot of former users like me looking for a new password manager. Real opportunity for Agile to gain new converts and market share.

• Hi Stephan,

You can find the 1Password 3 downloads here: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/mac/release_notes

We'll make a note to indicate the import/export aren't fully implemented yet.

• martenveldthuis
    martenveldthuis
    Community Member
    Options

Just wanted to chime in that I was bitten by this as well. Was really confused when the Import-menuitem would only let me pick 1Password interchange files. Gonna try the 3.x trial route.

• Stephan Moran
    Stephan Moran
    Community Member
    Options

AWESOME CUSTOMER SUPPORT! Timely and easy solution. Changed my rating on App Store from 1 to 5 stars. Little bit laborious exporting, importing but worked. Even though I uninstalled version 4 with CleanMyMac the pref file was not deleted. So when I reinstalled 4 and opened it, I was a returning user, not new, and had to use the import feature rather than upgrade version 3 user. Got it to work. Next step will be changing my iPhone to 1Password after I clean up all the files.

• Hi Stephan,

Thank you for the review, and for being patient with us while we go through the growth pains in today's 1Password 4 release.

Despite the initial issues, I hope you are enjoying 1Password 4 and if there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know!

This discussion has been closed.